Acarath Montessori Center
- Acarath Montessori is a preschool day-care and first grade elementary school.
- The word Acarath is an acronym for Academics, Arts and Athletics.
- Montessori philosophy and education is the mainstay of the center.
- While the children spend time each day in auxiliary activities, Montessori philosophy governs the interaction of children with the staff, each other, and the environment.
- For an explanation of Montessori philosophy and its everyday application, see "Montessori Philosophy." Acarath is unique because of the activities we offer, and our student's daily schedule.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-1|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||126 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Barrington Grades: PK-5 | 72 students
1410 S. Barrington Rd.
Barrington, IL 60010
(847)382-2812 7.2 PK-5
- Bartlett Grades: PK-K | 40 students
379 Bartlett Plz
Bartlett, IL 60103
(630)830-8940 7.2 PK-K
- Buffalo Grove Grades: PK-K | 92 students
950 Ellen Dr
Buffalo Grove, IL 60089
(847)541-8111 8.2 PK-K
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.
A long summer break offers plenty of time for a wide range of activities for every age group. Here are some of the options available.
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.