Bridges Montessori School
- Bridges Montessori is dedicated to providing a nurturing and secure environment based on the educational philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori.
- This method is based on the use of hands-on, manipulative materials, which enable children to learn through all of their senses.
- A child can feel a sandpaper letter while hearing the sound it makes, learn to differentiate smells, sounds, and tactile experiences, and become self directed through the prepared environment.
- A Bridges student has the benefit of having the same teacher for three years; this establishes a relationship much deeper than that of a teacher and student in a traditional, one-year educational setting.
- Bridges is an environment that cherishes the whole child.
- We believe each individual is unique and deserving of our respect.
- Bridges embraces the differences in everyone and strives to create a community of acceptance and joy, not only with the children, but with the family as well.
- Our goal is to foster confident, independent learners with a high degree of self-discipline and a desire to continue to grow and learn.
Bridges Montessori School places among the top 20% of private schools in Maryland for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other Montessori association(s)|
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by program(s) selected. Tuition pricing is available on our website.|
|Admissions Director||Brenda Reinhart|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Craft Club, Drama Club, Soccer Shots, Yoga Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bel Air Grades: PK-8 | 665 students
205 N Hickory Avenue
Bel Air, MD 21014
(410) 879-1113 4.1 PK-8
- Bel Air Grades: K-12 | 47 students
106 Plumtree Road
Bel Air, MD 21015
(410) 569-0585 6.5 K-12
- Churchville Grades: PK-K | 45 students
6 Asbury Road
Churchville, MD 21028
(410) 836-9560 6.2 PK-K
- Bel Air Grades: PK-8 | 297 students
715 Moores Mill Rd
Bel Air, MD 21014
(410) 838-4848 3.6 PK-8