- Bridges Montessori is dedicated to providing a nurturing and secure environment based on the educational philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori.
- This method is based on the use of hands-on, manipulative materials, which enable children to learn through all of their senses.
- A child can feel a sandpaper letter while hearing the sound it makes, learn to differentiate smells, sounds, and tactile experiences, and become self directed through the prepared environment.
- A Bridges student has the benefit of having the same teacher for three years; this establishes a relationship much deeper than that of a teacher and student in a traditional, one-year educational setting.
- Bridges is an environment that cherishes the whole child.
- We believe each individual is unique and deserving of our respect.
- Bridges embraces the differences in everyone and strives to create a community of acceptance and joy, not only with the children, but with the family as well.
- Our goal is to foster confident, independent learners with a high degree of self-discipline and a desire to continue to grow and learn.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
International Montessori Council (IMC)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||91 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies by program(s) selected. Tuition pricing is available on our website.|
|Admissions Director||Caryn Koppenhoefer|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Book Club, Piano Lessons, Soccer Shots, Yoga Club Book Club, Piano Lessons, Soccer Shots, Yoga Club,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Bel AirGrades: PK-8 | 683 students
205 N Hickory Avenue
Bel Air, MD 21014
ChurchvilleGrades: PK-K | 64 students
Po Box 609
Churchville, MD 21028
Bel AirGrades: K-11 | 13 students
106 Plumtree Road
Bel Air, MD 21015
Bel AirGrades: PK-8 | 285 students
715 Moores Mill Rd
Bel Air, MD 21014
KingsvilleGrades: PK-12 | 261 students
6415 Mount Vista Rd
Kingsville, MD 21087