John Carroll School
- Located on 72 acres in Bel Air, Maryland, The John Carroll School is the only private, coeducational, Catholic independent high school in northeastern Maryland and the only Catholic school in Maryland approved by the College Board to offer the AP Capstone Diploma.
- With an 11:1 student to teacher ratio, students get the personal attention needed to succeed, and with the support of dedicated college counselors, 94% of graduating seniors were admitted to their first-choice college.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
AIMSMDDC (Assoc. of independent Maryland and DC Schools)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||649 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||58 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|Number of AP Courses||19 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(winter & spring dress codes)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,200|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition for international students is $22,200.|
|Admissions Director||Eddie Maynard|
|Admissions Associate||Laura Ward-Moran|
|Total Sports Offered||23 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Equestrian, Field Hockey, Football, Golf, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Water Polo, Winter Track, WrestlingBadminton, Baseball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Field Hockey, Football,
Golf, Ice Hockey,
Tennis, Track and Field,
Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball,
Water Polo, Winter Track,
- Every Patriot Has a Story.
- At The John Carroll School, each student is known, valued and prepared. From the time they arrive for freshman orientation to the moment they walk confidently across the graduation stage, our students are both nurtured and challenged by our stellar faculty and staff to become the best possible versions of themselves. On the grounds of our beautiful, 72-acre campus, they will receive a world-class education close to home, at the only coeducational, independent Catholic high school in northeastern Maryland.
- But what really sets John Carroll apart are the stories of each and every Patriotstudents, alumni, parents, faculty and staffthat are written every day, both inside and far beyond the classroom walls. John Carroll provides transformative experiences that not only provide a lifetime of memories, but prepare tomorrow`s leaders today to make a tremendous impact on their communities, and on the world. Start your own business in the Financial Literacy and Entrepreneurial Exploration (FLEX) Program. Build a robot or pilot a drone in the STEAM Academy. Express yourself on the stage in the College Preparatory Dance Program. Explore future careers for your Senior Project or go on a life-changing mission trip. Bond with teammates on the athletic field, or on the Academic team. Whatever your passion, John Carroll has a class or extracurricular activity to help you develop it. We invite you to come visit and start your Patriot story today.
- People that viewed John Carroll School also viewed these schools: Harford Christian School, Notre Dame Preparatory School, Mercy High School, Calvert Hall College High School and Loyola Blakefield is a Catholic, college preparatoryLoyola Blakefield.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Baltimore Grades: 9-12 | 329 students
1300 E Northern Pkwy
Baltimore, MD 21239
(410)433-8880 18.1 9-12
- Towson Grades: 6-12 | 948 students
500 Chestnut Avenue
Towson, MD 21204
(410)823-0601 17.1 6-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.