Broadfording Christian Academy
- BCA's mission is to provide an educational environment that enables students to strive for excellence in academics and in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ as they discover God's unique purpose and plan for their lives.
- At BCA, our aim is to produce students who are real; that is, cultivating a relationship with Christ, becoming equipped for service to others, becoming active in using their gifts and talents for Him, and seeking a lifetime of learning.
- This process requires that we provide a variety of learning experiences for our students, ranging from a full academic program PreK-12 to extracurricular activities in athletics and fine arts.
- The challenges facing young believers require that we produce critical thinkers, defenders of the faith, and a true understanding of what it means to be salt and light in the world.
- Our aim is not to shelter students from the world, but to explore how God can use them to engage and influence culture both at home and abroad.
- Ultimately, our goal is to develop students who have a desire to "love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind" (Matthew 22:37).
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||344 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Call or email for latest tuition rates and fees.|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Patty Crutchfield|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Golf, Soccer, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||"Extreme" Outdoor Sports Club, BCA Fine Arts Gallery Performances, Elem. Drama, Elementary Ensemble, Fine Arts, HS Choral Ensemble, MS Ensemble, Praise and Worship Band, Video Broadcasting, Yearbook|
- School includes the NILD-based Learning Lab Program for K-8 students with mild learning disabilities.
- Broadfording Christian Academy Homeschool Program includes 115 additional students and has developed an excellent reputation under the direction of Coordinator Linda Higgins.
- Accredited by Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools and Association of Christian Schools International
- School also provides Online Learning Academy for distance learning, summer school, acceleration, or remediation
- Graduates have successfully entered colleges ranging from 2 year community to 4 year competitive universities, trade schools, as well as the workforce and military.
- School is recipient of annual endowment from the Garland and Mary Guyton Memorial Fund
- School philosophy is grace-based, balancing both an evangelical and discipleship approach to student growth and development
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hagerstown Grades: PK-12 | 194 students
12215 Walnut Pt W
Hagerstown, MD 21740
(301)582-2600 3.1 PK-12
- Williamsport Grades: PK-12 | 46 students
11017 Kempsmills Rd
Williamsport, MD 21795
(301)582-4595 6.1 PK-12
- Hagerstown Grades: NS-12 | 66 students
41 Bryan Cir
Hagerstown, MD 21740
(301)733-0712 4.1 NS-12
- Hagerstown Grades: 9-12 | 121 students
10100 Academy Dr
Hagerstown, MD 21740
(301)739-8480 11.4 9-12
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.