California University Preparatory School
5.00 (15 reviews)
- California University Preparatory School is a new school with a new vision of education.
- It was founded on the basis of helping students reach their full potential and obtain their goal of higher education.California University Preparatory School is a nurturing learning community committed to equality and inclusion.
- Our caring and inventive teachers and challenging academics inspire critical thinking, collaboration, creativity, and communication.
- Cal U Prep promotes a balance between mind, body, and soul and encourages each student to appreciate and impact the world around them. We are paving a path to success.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Grades Offered||Grades 7-12|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Average SAT score||1200|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$11,300|
|Tuition Notes||Additional fees will apply. Please inquire.|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Scott Adams|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Adventure Club, Basketball Club, Bowling Club, Gaming Club, National Honor Society, Ping Pong Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Cal U Prep School:
- Safe campus with 24/7 security cameras
- Small class sizes (teacher to student ratio is 1:15)
- Preparing students to succeed at universities
- Host family service (w/ background checks)
- Advice for students seeking an American visa
- Caring and qualified staff
- Problem Based Learning
- 21st Century Skills : Critical Thinking, Collaboration, Communication, Creativity, and Problem Solving (all universities expect their incoming students to already have these skills!)
- Diverse school activities including field trips, sports activities, community service
- Student Council and National Honor Society leadership opportunities
- Accredited by 3 accrediting agencies
- University application support
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Rowland Heights Grades: 1-11 | 75 students
19271 Colima Rd # G
Rowland Heights, CA 91748
(626)912-7326 0.7 1-11
- Arcadia Grades: 6-12 | 166 students
5150 Farna Ave
Arcadia, CA 91006
(626)444-9531 10.7 6-12
- Azusa Grades: K-12 | 80 students
405 S Azusa Ave
Azusa, CA 91702
(626)969-7400 8.9 K-12
- Cerritos Grades: PK-12 | 1316 students
10818 Artesia Blvd
Cerritos, CA 90703
(562)860-0556 14.3 PK-12
i love oxford school. i had a good time in oxford
- Posted by Student/Alumni - qingfeng
great school and great environment. love this school a lot
- Posted by Student/Alumni - DT
I have been oxford school for four years and i just feel like this high school is great. The best things of this school is that if you try hard you can get high gpa really easy. I love this school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alan Z
Having spent two and half years here. My third high school and my favorite one. Small community but has fantastic staffs and students. A good jump-board to college and university in California. Many students had went to top universities in California, like UCLA, UCSD,UC Irvine. A good choice for international students.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Nolan
- Posted by Student/Alumni - qwq
I have some really great memories of studying here and being here. I will remember all the teachers here they help me a lot make me be a better guy.School are not big but we know everyone in here, that's sweet I made lot friend here every one treat nice to me.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - neil
Oxford school is a good school, it give me a feeing like home, everyone is very friendly, the relationship between the teacher and student is good ,they all try them best to help you to achieve the goal, Oxford School is a very good choice!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Alice
Teachers' evaluation language has a great influence on students. Positive evaluation of language will stimulate students' interest in learning and enhance their confidence.I love Oxford school !!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Jack Yang
Oxford might seem as a small poor school, but it's actually a happy house for everyone. Specially, we're mostly foreign students from different countries. We had many chances to learn new cultures and certain things. Teachers are great! They're awesome! Compares to other high schools, they're the friendliest teachers I've never seen before! I'm a senior and I just got my graduation last week. I'm absolutely going to miss the school and the people here a lot! Great job, Oxford!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Zero
This school can help you find a suitable university for you. The relationship between teachers and students is very friendly. There are also many interesting activities in the school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Yang
Great School, Great teacher. students and teachers are just like friends
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Genyuan Tian
The students and teachers here are very friendly. It makes me feel like home.This school can help you find a suitable university for you. The relationship between teachers and students is very friendly. There are also many interesting activities in the school.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Hester
There are many stores and restaurants around there! And it could easy to get communication with teachers. Also, they really care about our university and college things.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - K.S.
The student and teacher are very friendly and funny . Then you will some different cultures at oxford.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - aurora
Small school and outside looks ok, but the teachers are good and it is very family like there. All very helpful and actually care. Will help you go to a good school. I will miss it when I graduate.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Knights
Nearby Homes for Sale
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.