Tel: (818) 880-8820
- Calmont School promotes academic excellence in a magnificent, natural setting.
- Our nurturing faculty and small class size create a personalized and challenging education.
- Calmont School offers an enriched education. The teachers engage the students by helping them to develop their own unique strengths and set personal goals to explore other areas of potential interest.
- The supportive and professional staff provides the children with a safe environment in which they can grow intellectually, emotionally, socially, physically, and creatively.
- We seek to establish a firm foundation in the core curriculum of reading, language arts, mathematics, social studies, and science.
- Well-developed oral, listening, and written communication skills are integrated into all subject areas.
- The curriculum is enriched through age-appropriate exposure to art, Spanish, computer, physical education, library, music, drama, and environmental studies.
- Calmont cultivates a close, caring, personable campus where children feel secure, appreciated and successful.
- The learning environment is one where challenge, support and risk-taking converge.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||118 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 45%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$10,000|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- La Canada Flintridge Grades: K-6 | 175 students
140 Foothill Blvd
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
(818) 952-0925 30.8 K-6
- Antioch Grades: 4-8 | 4 students
600 Alumrock Drive
Antioch, CA 94509
(925) 706-7086 319.1 4-8
- Bell Gardens Grades: PK-8 | 136 students
5150 Gage Ave
Bell Gardens, CA 90201
(323) 771-9135 31.4 PK-8
- Berkeley Grades: PK-8 | 296 students
1310 University Ave
Berkeley, CA 94702
(510) 665-8800 328.9 PK-8
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?