- Calvary provides PreK through 8th grades. Our students leave Calvary after 8th grade and get accepted in schools like Shaw, Academy of Our Lady, Dominican, & Thomas Jefferson High, just to name a few.
- Calvary utilizes the A Beka, Harcourt Math, & ACSI curricula and all new students must pass a comprehensive entrance exam.
- Christian education extends beyond the development of skills and the acquisition of knowledge.
- Developing a love for Jesus Christ and a value system based upon God's word are integral parts of our curriculum.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||146 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,900|
|Tuition Notes||Includes hot lunch program and all fees|
|Admissions Director||Marsha Price|
|Admissions Associate||Heidi Bolden|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Cheering, Flag FootballCheering, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Junior Beta Club Junior Beta Club,
- Calvary provides PreK through 8th grades. Our students leave Calvary after 8th grade and get accepted in schools like Shaw, Academy of Our Lady, Dominica & Thomas Jefferson High, just to name a few. Calvary Baptist School believes Christian education extends beyond the development of skills and the acquisition of knowledge. Developing a love for Jesus Christ and a value system based upon God's word are integral parts of our curriculum.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
GretnaGrades: PK-7 | 296 students
900 Franklin Avenue
Gretna, LA 70053
New OrleansGrades: K-8 | 175 students
2624 Burgundy St
New Orleans, LA 70117
New OrleansGrades: PK-12 | 757 students
10125 Jefferson Highway
New Orleans, LA 70123
HarveyGrades: PK-8 | 804 students
617 2nd Ave
Harvey, LA 70058
WestwegoGrades: K-9 | 235 students
531 Avenue A
Westwego, LA 70094
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.