Problems are to be solved. This feels like a place I can deal with issues and find answers for my life.
Trips provide opportunity for hands on learning. Whether it is the Suwanee River in Georgia, or hiking the Appalachian Trail in Pennsylvania boys get to see, touch and experience.
- Cameron Boys Camp, a ministry of Baptist Children's Homes of NC, may offer your family the hope that you need.
- The purpose of Cameron Boys Camp is to provide troubled boys in North Carolina, between the ages of 10-15 years old an opportunity to work out big problems and find a new direction for their lives.
- Life goals are set using an outdoor setting, the fun and adventure of camping, and a team consisting of the boy, his family, camp staff, and peer groups.
- Cameron Boys Camp helps boys grow emotionally, socially, mentally, physically, and spiritually.
- The family also grows as they participate in goal setting, counseling, family conferences, and home visits.
- All working together, a boy reunites with his family better able to succeed in his community.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||tuition is based on a sliding fee scale.|
- We serve:
- Boys between the ages of 10-15
- Boys unable to control their anger
- Parents who feel like their son is going down the wrong path and the whole family needs support.
- Boys who are struggling with authority figures.
- Boys who need to improve peer relationships.
- Boys who need intense adult male role models and relationships.
- Boys who seem to be emotionally depressed.
- Activities: Campers and their chiefs plan daily activities. They build their own living shelters, cut wood, cook meals two days a week, sort laundry, care for equipment, maintain trails, plan trips, and have fun. Group games, fishing, swimming, crafts and personal time fill their weeks, providing a well-balanced program.
- The program is COA Accredited.
- The average boy gains two years academically in one year at camp.
- Chiefs: As authentic, adult role models, chiefs wear many hats – from counselor to friend to teacher. Solid values and strong standards are the backdrop of a chief’s life. Chiefs become deeply involved, daring to change and grow themselves, to help the boys succeed.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AshevilleGrades: 6-8 | 144 students
191 Lyman St Ste 316
Asheville, NC 28801
Spring LakeGrades: PK-2 | 50 students
408 Spring Avenue
Spring Lake, NC 28390
April 25, 2017
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
April 25, 2017
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.
April 25, 2017
School uniforms are largely found at religious, parochial and military schools. Dress codes have replaced uniforms at most schools.