Cameron Boy's Camp School
Cameron Boy's Camp School Photo #3 - Problems are to be solved. This feels like a place I can deal with issues and find answers for my life.
Cameron Boy's Camp School Photo #4 - Trips provide opportunity for hands on learning. Whether it is the Suwanee River in Georgia, or hiking the Appalachian Trail in Pennsylvania boys get to see, touch and experience.
Cameron Boys Camp, a ministry of Baptist Children's Homes of NC, may offer your family the hope that you need.
The purpose of Cameron Boys Camp is to provide troubled boys in North Carolina, between the ages of 10-15 years old an opportunity to work out big problems and find a new direction for their lives.
Life goals are set using an outdoor setting, the fun and adventure of camping, and a team consisting of the boy, his family, camp staff, and peer groups.
Cameron Boys Camp helps boys grow emotionally, socially, mentally, physically, and spiritually.
The family also grows as they participate in goal setting, counseling, family conferences, and home visits.
All working together, a boy reunites with his family better able to succeed in his community.
Cameron Boy's Camp School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in North Carolina for:
Learning Difference Programs
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 21%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
tuition is based on a sliding fee scale.
- We serve:
- Boys between the ages of 10-15
- Boys unable to control their anger
- Parents who feel like their son is going down the wrong path and the whole family needs support.
- Boys who are struggling with authority figures.
- Boys who need to improve peer relationships.
- Boys who need intense adult male role models and relationships.
- Boys who seem to be emotionally depressed.
- Activities: Campers and their chiefs plan daily activities. They build their own living shelters, cut wood, cook meals two days a week, sort laundry, care for equipment, maintain trails, plan trips, and have fun. Group games, fishing, swimming, crafts and personal time fill their weeks, providing a well-balanced program.
- The program is COA Accredited.
- The average boy gains two years academically in one year at camp.
- Chiefs: As authentic, adult role models, chiefs wear many hats – from counselor to friend to teacher. Solid values and strong standards are the backdrop of a chief’s life. Chiefs become deeply involved, daring to change and grow themselves, to help the boys succeed.
Endorse Cameron Boy's Camp School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
With so much uncertainty in the world today and a pandemic further confounding our lives, it's reasonable for parents to want to protect their children whenever and wherever possible? But overprotecting or bubble-wrapping? Well, that's another matter.
Get Your Act Together!
We take a look at the other college admissions test and offer some resources for test preparation.
Why Small Class Sizes Work
You want your child to receive plenty of individual attention. That's one of the reasons most parents send their children to private school.