Captain Gilmer School
- Captain Gilmer School is dedicated to “Defining Excellence” in Seventh-day Adventist Education by challenging all students to reach their personal best and discover God's purpose for their lives.
- The Seventh-day Adventist Church recognizes God as the ultimate source of existence and truth.
- In the beginning God created in His image a perfect humanity, a perfection later marred by sin.
- Through Christ and His Spirit God determined to restore humanity from its lost state.
- Through the Bible He has revealed His will to the world, a revelation that supersedes human reason.
- Through his Church on earth, He seeks the lost for His kingdom.
- The basic tenets of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, as well as the inspired writings of Ellen White, are directed toward God's restorative plan for fallen humanity.
- The Church conducts its own system of education to engender belief in these tenets, within the context of one's personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and to foster a desire to share that relationship with others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||102 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- HendersonvilleGrades: K-12 | 21 students
1787 Dana Road
Hendersonville, NC 28792
- HendersonvilleGrades: PK-8 | 160 students
711 Buncombe St
Hendersonville, NC 28791
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.