Captain Gilmer School
- Captain Gilmer School is dedicated to "Defining Excellence" in Seventh-day Adventist Education by challenging all students to reach their personal best and discover God's purpose for their lives.
- CGCS is a Christian School, owned and operated by Fletcher Academy, Inc. CGCS was established in 1910 under the name of Naples Agricultural and Normal School
- Captain Gilmer Christian School has a lovely rural setting, located on 600+ acres of farm, field, and forest. The current facilities provide room for 8 classrooms, lunchroom, library, gymnasium, offices, and playgrounds.
- CGCS offers a K4 through 8th grade academic, Christian school curriculum. Current enrollment averages 90 students per year. We believe that a smaller teacher-student ratio allows our students and teachers to maintain a close relationship that improves student success.
- Christian teachers compose the faculty of CGCS, all of whom maintain teacher certification appropriate to their teaching area. Teachers are required to hold a BS/BA degree in Education, though approximately half of our teachers hold an MA degree.
- Captain Gilmer Christian School maintains a full accreditation through AdvancEd, a non-profit, non-partisan organization that conducts rigorous, on-site reviews of a variety of educational institutions and systems around the world to ensure that all learners realize their full potential.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||102 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hendersonville Grades: K-12 | 19 students
1787 Dana Road
Hendersonville, NC 28792
(828)989-8465 9.8 K-12
- Hendersonville Grades: PK-8 | 160 students
711 Buncombe St
Hendersonville, NC 28791
(828)693-3277 8 PK-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.