- Captain Gilmer School is dedicated to “Defining Excellence” in Seventh-day Adventist Education by challenging all students to reach their personal best and discover God's purpose for their lives.
- The Seventh-day Adventist Church recognizes God as the ultimate source of existence and truth.
- In the beginning God created in His image a perfect humanity, a perfection later marred by sin.
- Through Christ and His Spirit God determined to restore humanity from its lost state.
- Through the Bible He has revealed His will to the world, a revelation that supersedes human reason.
- Through his Church on earth, He seeks the lost for His kingdom.
- The basic tenets of the Seventh-day Adventist Church, as well as the inspired writings of Ellen White, are directed toward God's restorative plan for fallen humanity.
- The Church conducts its own system of education to engender belief in these tenets, within the context of one's personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and to foster a desire to share that relationship with others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||General Conference of the Seventh Day Adventist Church (GCSDAC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||102 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
HendersonvilleGrades: K-12 | 21 students
1787 Dana Road
Hendersonville, NC 28792
HendersonvilleGrades: PK-8 | 160 students
711 Buncombe St
Hendersonville, NC 28791
May 24, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fishes offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.