Montessori Country Day
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Montessori Country Day is committed to nurturing and educating young children through the Montessori Method, an early educational model developed by Dr. Maria Montessori.
- The Montessori Method is based on the understanding that children are motivated by a natural curiosity for learning, a desire to participate in activities that use their senses, muscles and intellect.
- It is also grounded in respect for each child as an individual with unique emotional, social, and intellectual needs.
- We are dedicated to providing a personalized, positive environment that encourages respect, appreciates individual differences, and enables all to develop at their own pace to reach their highest potential academically, personally, and socially.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
Montessori Educational Programs International (MEPI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Dance, SoccerDance, Soccer,|
Hello, I would like to have information about pre-kinder this is my email. firstname.lastname@example.orgThx.
- Posted by Parent - judith urbina
My 4 year old son has been attending Montessori Country Day in Hendersonville for two years now and we are about to enroll our 2 year old son. My husband and I are so thankful to the Director, and to the entire staff, for providing our children with a curriculum designed around their specific needs and abilities, allowing them to explore and learn at their own pace and on their own terms. The decision to place our children here is one of the best choices we have made as parents...and there's no question that my 3rd son will attend this school as well. We wholeheartedly believe that we are giving our children a competitive advantage, before the public school years arrive, and I would highly recommend anyone thinking about placing their children here to call the school, and speak with any of their fabulous team members and request a visit - you won't regret it! Keep up the tremendous work MCD and thank you for all you do for my boys!!
- Posted by Parent - katie
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.