Carden Conejo School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Carden Conejo School Photo #3 - We have a well-equipped Auditorium for assemblies, dramatic performances, and music classes.
- Carden Conejo School is an independent non-sectarian co-ed school, offering the integrated Carden curriculum from Pre-School through 8th Grade. The school serves approximately 250 boys and girls on our campus which is situated on 8 lush acres nestled in a quiet Westlake Village neighborhood.
- Carden Conejo was founded in 1971 by Mary Carpenter and Thelma Sitton, who together also founded Viewpoint School in Calabasas. Nancy Carsten and Georgan Schmitz owned and operated Carden Conejo until 2005 when it was purchased by Holly and Bob Fleming.
- Carden Conejo adheres to the Carden Method, developed by Mae Carden, which is designed to help children develop their innate powers of analytical and organized thinking through a structured and challenging academic curriculum. We cultivate in each student, a lifelong passion for learning and instill self-confidence, creativity and communications skills. We recognize the uniqueness of each child and are committed to preserving and developing that individuality.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-5|
|Total Students||189 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Hollis Fleming, Ed.D.|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ojai Grades: K-12
302 El Paseo Road
Ojai, CA 93023
(800)377-5890 31.1 K-12
- Thousand Oaks Grades: 5-12 | 1320 students
31749 La Tienda Rd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
(818)824-9492 1.4 5-12
I have one child who graduated from Carden and now is in middle school (more than well prepared and doing excellent) and another child currently attending Carden. We could not be happier with the school. It's a small community with unbelievably dedicated teachers and school administrators. The entire team really care about the students. All throughout the school and the curriculum, you can feel the commitment to the whole child education, not only building a strong academic foundation but also focusing on ensuring the students develop into good, decent human beings through their emphasis on manners and morals. School facility is leased from the public school district so it's a bit old school but it's truly a gem in the Conejo Valley, instilling good values and building strong elementary foundation for continued academic success.
- Posted by Parent - SL
My child has attended Carden for many years and is currently in the 5th grade. Her experience at Carden Conejo has been extremely positive - as has our experience as parents. I''m going to miss Carden when it's time to move on the the next school. We feel she's well prepared academically and socially for the transition into her next school. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Carden Conejo School.
- Posted by Parent - kelpm
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.