Rancho Solano Preparatory School - Lower School Campus
Rancho Solano Preparatory School, a member of the Meritas International Family of Schools, is a PK-12 international learning community for high achieving students.
We cultivate in our students the ingenuity to thrive in a global society and to be architects of their future.
As the only private school in the greater Phoenix area to receive IB authorization, our teaching approach is focused on cultivating excellence in core competencies and developing critical thinking, complex problem-solving, and high-order reasoning skills. Our inspiring educators spark student achievement through interactive, discussion-based instructional techniques in small groups and individualized personal learning opportunities.
We bind these elements together within a framework of 21st Century education that prepares students personally and professionally to succeed today and into the future.
RSPS focuses on character development and cultivating the values of respect, responsibility, and success. Our vibrant learning community supports both academic and social development to build confident students who are well prepared to take their place as civic-minded leaders. As part of the International Meritas Family of Schools, Rancho Solano Preparatory School provides students with the opportunity to learn and interact with students from around the world through a variety of academic and social programs and events.
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Average Class Size
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Afterschool Clubs and Sports offered, Community Service, Student Government
- Early Learning
- We believe that curiosity, creativity, independence, cooperation and persistence enhance early learning and development. Our Early Learning curriculum promotes social, emotional, intellectual and physical development in a safe and nurturing environment. Our children learn and have fun at the same time through exploration and hands-on experiences. The key areas of development include promoting leadership skills, self-motivation, expressive and receptive language, self-confidence and positive self-esteem.
- Lower School
- First Grade through Fifth Grade
- Elementary school at Rancho Solano provides students with a firm foundation in the core curriculum including humanities, language arts, foreign language, social studies, math, and science. Students work above grade level in most subjects, with enrichment activities and projects to enhance their learning.
- Students are also instructed and guided on how to organize and manage their time. Activities develop research, note-taking and outlining skills in preparation for our rigorous middle school curriculum. Students learn to work independently and in groups.
We have been a Rancho family for over 10 years. We started when my son was 3 y.o. The curriculum has always been at least a year ahead, if not more, compared with local public schools. Class size is often 10 children/ class room. The individual attention each student receives is incredible. Every teacher and staff member, knows who my children are and where they should be. Furthermore, the teachers knowledge of our children's strengths and weaknesses is unparalleled. The nurturing environment is why my children feel so safe and content at this school. We feel very lucky to be able to be party of this community
I would absolutely recommend this school to anyone wanting a GREAT education and WONDERFUL atmosphere for their child to grow! We chose this school over all others as location was not important to us....we were willing to commute if we had to for the best education. I can't speak highly enough of this school!
When transferring to Rancho from an AZ public school, one important factor was the discipline policy. Rancho students are held to a high standard of behavior and character - the expectations are clearly laid out, and from first hand experience, I can report that the zero tolerance policy for bullying is enforced. When our child was mistreated by another student, I only needed to email the teacher one time - the issue was immediately addressed to our complete satisfaction with the student and the parents, under the oversight of the principal. It truly showed us that Rancho values the whole child.
Endorse Rancho Solano Preparatory School - Lower School Campus. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.