Rancho Solano Preparatory School - Lower School Campus
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Rancho Solano Preparatory School, a member of the Meritas International Family of Schools, is a PK-12 international learning community for high achieving students.
- We cultivate in our students the ingenuity to thrive in a global society and to be architects of their future.
- As the only private school in the greater Phoenix area to receive IB authorization, our teaching approach is focused on cultivating excellence in core competencies and developing critical thinking, complex problem-solving, and high-order reasoning skills. Our inspiring educators spark student achievement through interactive, discussion-based instructional techniques in small groups and individualized personal learning opportunities.
- We bind these elements together within a framework of 21st Century education that prepares students personally and professionally to succeed today and into the future.
- RSPS focuses on character development and cultivating the values of respect, responsibility, and success. Our vibrant learning community supports both academic and social development to build confident students who are well prepared to take their place as civic-minded leaders. As part of the International Meritas Family of Schools, Rancho Solano Preparatory School provides students with the opportunity to learn and interact with students from around the world through a variety of academic and social programs and events.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Other school association(s)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||48 teachers|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Tennis, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Dance, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Afterschool Clubs and Sports offered, Community Service, Student Government|
- Early Learning
- We believe that curiosity, creativity, independence, cooperation and persistence enhance early learning and development. Our Early Learning curriculum promotes social, emotional, intellectual and physical development in a safe and nurturing environment. Our children learn and have fun at the same time through exploration and hands-on experiences. The key areas of development include promoting leadership skills, self-motivation, expressive and receptive language, self-confidence and positive self-esteem.
- Lower School
- First Grade through Fifth Grade
- Elementary school at Rancho Solano provides students with a firm foundation in the core curriculum including humanities, language arts, foreign language, social studies, math, and science. Students work above grade level in most subjects, with enrichment activities and projects to enhance their learning.
- Students are also instructed and guided on how to organize and manage their time. Activities develop research, note-taking and outlining skills in preparation for our rigorous middle school curriculum. Students learn to work independently and in groups.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Scottsdale Grades: NS-8 | 428 students
3801 N Miller Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85251
(480)874-3720 9.4 NS-8
We have been a Rancho family for over 10 years. We started when my son was 3 y.o. The curriculum has always been at least a year ahead, if not more, compared with local public schools. Class size is often 10 children/ class room. The individual attention each student receives is incredible. Every teacher and staff member, knows who my children are and where they should be. Furthermore, the teachers knowledge of our children's strengths and weaknesses is unparalleled. The nurturing environment is why my children feel so safe and content at this school. We feel very lucky to be able to be party of this community
- Posted by Parent - parent
I would absolutely recommend this school to anyone wanting a GREAT education and WONDERFUL atmosphere for their child to grow! We chose this school over all others as location was not important to us....we were willing to commute if we had to for the best education. I can't speak highly enough of this school!
- Posted by Parent - sjunk
When transferring to Rancho from an AZ public school, one important factor was the discipline policy. Rancho students are held to a high standard of behavior and character - the expectations are clearly laid out, and from first hand experience, I can report that the zero tolerance policy for bullying is enforced. When our child was mistreated by another student, I only needed to email the teacher one time - the issue was immediately addressed to our complete satisfaction with the student and the parents, under the oversight of the principal. It truly showed us that Rancho values the whole child.
- Posted by Parent - sarah
Nearby Homes for Sale
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.