The Jones-Gordon School
5.00 (1 review)
- Cultivating strengths. Transforming lives. Originally located in North Scottsdale and founded as On-Track Academy, The Jones-Gordon School is a unique private day school in Paradise Valley, AZ. JGS fosters the social, emotional, and academic growth of diverse learners.
- We provide a progressive, customized education in a nurturing learning environment for students in grades 1 through 12.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council for Exceptional Children|
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||dyslexia, ADD/ADHD, giftedness, anxiety, dyscalculia, executive function deficits|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||135 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||28 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Average SAT score||1217|
|Average ACT score||27|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$25,500|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Tracie Glover|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Flag Football, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Various after school clubs based on student interests
The Jones-Gordon School (JGS) is a small, independent private school where diverse learners THRIVE! Our strengths-based, "whole child" approach to education results in a truly individualized program that provides:
- Small class sizes (10:1 in-class student-to-teacher ratio, with a schoolwide student-to-staff ratio of 3:1)
- Rigorous accredited curriculum--we prepare students for college and beyond!
- Integration of executive function (EF) skills and social/emotional learning (SEL)
- Daily FLEX hour to further support students who have learning or attention challenges such as dyslexia, ADHD, anxiety disorders, and/or giftedness
- An experienced, encouraging team of experts (including occupational and speech-language therapists, full-time school social worker, and school counselor) who support all of the above!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Paradise Valley Grades: K-4 | 102 students
4027 E Lincoln Dr
Paradise Valley, AZ 85253
(602)840-8950 2.7 K-4
- Phoenix Grades: PK-12 | 787 students
14400 N Tatum Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85032
(602)992-5100 3.4 PK-12
- Scottsdale Grades: NS-8 | 404 students
9590 E Shea Blvd
Scottsdale, AZ 85260
(480)860-1188 6 NS-8
JGS provides an excellent academic environment with talented teachers, small class sizes and differentiated instruction that is truly tailored for individual student needs. My son is a recent JGS graduate and had a fantastic experience during his three years in high school. He went from dreading going to school because of social anxiety to enjoying it and taking ownership of his strengths and skills. He is planning on continuing his education at the college level, thanks to JGS.
- Posted by Parent - Christa K
Sometimes a regular school is not the right fit for a child. Perhaps she needs an alternative school.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
If you are looking for a college preparatory education with a military emphasis, then take a look at military schools.