Community Montessori School
5.00 (1 review)
- We are an authentic Montessori school following the teachings and practices of Dr.Maria Montessori with the goal to foster independence, competence, and responsibility in children ages 2-6.Our goal is to assist them to become life-long learners, inquisitive and ready to meet the world with a caring attitude towards all people and earth.
- Our motto is " We feed the intellect, we nurture the spirit, and love the child" Please check out our website for more detailed information or call the school for a visit.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-1|
|Total Students||32 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(comfortable and self managing)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Campus open 7:30-5:00 Tuition is varied based on age and hours of attendance call for details. Extended hours offered for before and/or after care.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
|Admissions Director||Janet Wheeler|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||1 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Optional Summer School Program Optional Summer School Program,|
- Home like setting to foster security and beauty. Immaculately maintained 1 1/2 acres fully fenced property. Teachers student ratio 1/8 or lower. Monthly changing enrichment materials to foster heightened learning experiences. Character development program to teach integrity and more.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ScottsdaleGrades: PK-K | 76 students
11300 N 64th St
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
- PhoenixGrades: NS-K | 88 students
15639 N 40th Street
Phoenix, AZ 85032
- Paradise ValleyGrades: NS-8 | 80 students
10460 N. 56th St.
Paradise Valley, AZ 85253
- PhoenixGrades: NS-K | 243 students
303 E Eva St
Phoenix, AZ 85020
This is our third year at CMS and we feel so blessed that we found this wonderful school for our daughter. My husband and I are both in education and we knew we found a gem in CMS. There are so many things we love about this school and community. The teachers are incredibly knowledgeable in Montessori methods, are very nurturing and truly care about each child, and they hold the children accountable to the highest standards in academics, practical life skills, and behavior. We are always so impressed every time we observe the classroom. There is just this calm sense of independence and expectation of responsibility that fosters a beautiful learning environment. The level of learning that occurs over the course of the program is remarkable - children are reading, writing, doing complex math and learning about the world, all while enjoying the "work" they do. The community that Janet and her team have built is so unique to this school. It is rooted in a wonderful virtues program which instills character development in every aspect of the children's lives (valuable things like respect, integrity, empathy, etc). Parent/family involvement is also a huge part of what makes this community so special. Our daughter looks forward to going to school every single day and she absolutely loves her teachers and the friends she's made at school. CMS has laid an amazing foundation for our daughter for life that is simply priceless.
- Posted by Parent - MontessoriParent
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.