Gateway Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Arizona for:
Academics and Faculty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
After School Rock Band, Art Club, Chess Club Club, Competitive Gaming Club, Drama Club, Engineering & Inventions Club, Geek Squad, Jigsaw Puzzle Club, Movie & Music Club, Nerf Wars & Retro Club, Virtual Reality Club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- The program at Gateway Academy is rooted in our mission and educational philosophy. What we learn, how we learn, what we value, and how we live in a community are vital questions as we seek to educate the mind, body, spirit, and character of our students. This unique approach weaves academics, wellness, and activities into a cohesive curriculum that emphasizes the practice of social skills as the link connecting each student to the school community.
- At Gateway, we believe that a safe and supportive environment is the best foundation for academic and personal growth. It is important that each of us develops the skills and habits to create and maintain this community. It is just as important that the community respect and nurture each individual. Our Honor Code provides the philosophical foundation for our community. Throughout our curriculum, we discuss and build skills in conflict resolution, collaboration, and group dynamics. This gives us a common language and shared expectations that shape our behavior for life.
- Students come to Gateway Academy seeking a different approach to learning, often because they have been frustrated in their previous school experiences. Our intent is to rebuild self-esteem, rekindle curiosity, and encourage the risk-taking necessary for learning. Our belief is that no single method of instruction is effective for every student. Instead, we must evaluate teaching strategies and match them with each student`s individual learning style. Education is more than memorization of basic facts and preparation for tests. While many of our students have a strong rote memory, recall alone is not sufficient to function well in school or in life. Similarly, advanced reading decoding skills must be supported with strong comprehension skills. Learning begins with identifying, organizing, and evaluating relevant information. Then, we ask our students to take the important next step to apply what they have learned, encouraging them to solve problems and face challenges with creativity and confidence.
- Gateway Academy offers students an academic curriculum that is challenging and structured; rich in its academic offerings, and nurturing in its approach to fostering personal growth, responsibility, and independence. The Gateway community: students, faculty, staff, and families, alike, work collaboratively to help students discover and develop their individual gifts and strengths, become self-advocates, and realize their full potential. A safe, thoughtfully prepared sensory sensitive environment encourages mutual trust, respect, and acceptance among those in its school community.
- Gateway Academy was founded in 2005 by O. Robin Sweet and Dr. Thomas Bloom, as a 501c3 not for profit corporation. We are an approved 6th-12th Grade Private Day School by the Arizona Department of Education. AdvancEd accredited. School of Excellence awarded 2006-Present by the National Association of Special Education Teachers. Chapter of the National Honor Society. School Choice Leadership Award 2016. National School Choice Proclamations from Governor Doug Ducey and Scottsdale Mayor Jim Lane.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does Gateway Academy cost?
Gateway Academy's tuition is approximately $29,000 for private students and $1,000 for summer students.
What is the acceptance rate of Gateway Academy?
The acceptance rate of Gateway Academy is 70%, which is lower than the national average of 89%. Gateway Academy's acceptance rate is ranked among the top private schools in Arizona with low acceptance rates.
Does Gateway Academy offer a summer program?
Yes, Gateway Academy offers a summer program. Visit their summer school page for more information.
What sports does Gateway Academy offer?
Gateway Academy offers 14 interscholastic sports: Basketball, Bowling, Equestrian, Flag Football, Indoor Soccer, Martial Arts, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, Weightlifting and Winter Track. Gateway Academy is ranked as one of the top 20% of private schools in Arizona for most sports offered.
What is Gateway Academy's ranking?
Gateway Academy ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Arizona for: Lowest average acceptance rates, Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees and Most sports offered.
When is the application deadline for Gateway Academy?
The application deadline for Gateway Academy is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse Gateway Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards