Desert Voices Oral Learning Center
- Desert Voices is a non-profit school with the mission of teaching deaf and hard of hearing children how to speak and how to understand when others speak to them.
- By teaching them spoken language, our students are prepared to enter a mainstream setting with speech, language, academic and social skills equal to those of their hearing peers.
- Ultimately, we seek to help them become independent, successful individuals who can communicate with the world at large through the use of spoken language.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Inquire with school|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Deaf/Hard of Hearing|
|Total Students||24 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 38%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Phoenix Grades: PK-12 | 175 students
2020 E Baseline Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85042
(602)243-1900 14.3 PK-12
- Phoenix Grades: K-12 | 206 students
10251 N 35th Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85051
(602)995-7366 7.3 K-12
- Phoenix Grades: K-8 | 30 students
3427 E Bell Rd
Phoenix, AZ 85032
(866)620-9380 3.9 K-8
- Phoenix Grades: K-12 | 118 students
3939 E. Shea Blvd
Phoenix, AZ 85028
(480)998-1071 0.6 K-12
- Phoenix Grades: K-12 | 203 students
5048 East Oak Street
Phoenix, AZ 85008
(602)629-6850 7.8 K-12
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.