Beacon Hill Classical Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (805) 389-6581
- Beacon Hill Classical Academy is a classical and Christian school offering K-12th grades for the 2018-2019 school year in both full-time and hybrid programs.
- We offer a biblically-based mastery of all subjects including: comprehensive world history, grammar, math, science, logic, composition, the great books, art, Latin and more.
- We work hand in hand with the parents to provide a seamless experience between home and school.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||317 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(khaki or navy pants or skirts, plaid jumpers, white or blue oxford shirts)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,416|
|Tuition Notes||2018 - 2019 Annual Tuition ?Hybrid Program Kindergarten Hybrid $3,837 Grammar School Hybrid (1 - 5) $5,416 Logic School Hybrid (6 - 8) $5,873 Rhetoric School Hybrid (9 - 12) $7,285Full Time Program Kinder Full Time $4,977 Grammar School Full Time (1 - 5) $6,992 Logic School Full Time (6 -8) $7,495 Rhetoric School Full Time (9-12) $7,984Other Fees $50 application fee $200 book and supply fee due at the time of registration?Tuition Discounts 5% reduction for paying in full by July 1st** 10% reduction for all younger, enrolled siblings**Parents may choose to pay in full by July 1st and receive a 5% discount OR choose the 12-month payment plan using monthly FACTS payments (starting in July and ending in June).|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Taydn Tucker|
|Admissions Associate||Lindsay Leeds|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Dance, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Dance, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Mock Trial Club, Tutoring
Arts and Music Programs:
- Classical education is not a fad; it was the bedrock of the medieval academies, the schools of our founding fathers, and continues today in hundreds of schools nationwide with excellent results, very high test scores, and well rounded, exemplary students of good character.
- Beacon Hill Classical Academy is a member of The Association of Classical & Christian Schools.
- Students learn latin, which leads to greater understanding of English vocabulary and structure, is the key to many Romance languages, science, legal and technical vocabularies, and leads students who far outperform others in SAT scores.
- We endeavor to teach critical thinking, and in addition to the Trivium (Grammar, Dialectic/Logic, Rhetoric), Bible, History, Math, Science, Art, Music/Singing, Latin, Great Books, and physical education. We desire to create wise, eloquent, and mature Christians. For this reason, we offer a visual and performing arts program, comprehensive world history, poetry, and ongoing work in composition and speech. All our subjects are taught in light of Scripture, recognizing the sovereignty and art of God in all of creation and history. Our motto is Psalm 36:9 "In light do we see light."
- We recognize the ultimate authority and responsibility of the parents and welcome parents in the classroom at any time.
- Beacon Hill Classical Academy is located in beautiful Camarillo, CA between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara. Parent carpools are traveling from Ventura, Simi Valley, Westlake Village, and Thousand Oaks and beyond.
- Beacon Hill offers two programs: Full time and hybrid. The full-time students attend Beacon Hill five days per week while the hybrid students study at home two days per week. They are taught by their parents using teacher-created lesson plans and join their full-time peers in the classroom the other three days per week. In high school, the hybrid program is a bit different and requires students to interact with their teachers more, as they are transitioning into deeper learning and more challenging concepts. The hybrid program is by far our most popular program. For this reason, the full-time students experience a much smaller student to teacher ratio (about 10:1) and thus more personalized and intensive work those two days.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Camarillo Grades: K-8 | 306 students
1101 E Ponderosa Drive
Camarillo, CA 93010
(805) 383-2672 2.5 K-8
- Simi Valley Grades: K-6 | 78 students
2949 Alamo St
Simi Valley, CA 93063
(805) 526-2482 16.2 K-6
- Thousand Oaks Grades: 1-12 | 17 students
1626 Valley High Ave.
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
(805) 870-5110 10.4 1-12
All three of my elementary-age children are receiving an education that far exceeds my expectations. The teachers are dedicated, approachable and very well informed about the best practices for teaching students at each level of development. It emphasizes memory work, learning the English language and really understanding math concepts. We are so thankful for the classical, Christian education provided at Beacon Hill Classical Academy in Camarillo.
- Posted by Parent - table
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?