Cardinal Bernardin Early Childhood Center
5.00 (1 review)
- The Cardinal Bernardin Early Childhood Center is a regional archdiocesan school and a ministry of the Archdiocese of Chicago, Office of Catholic Schools.We offer a variety of educational opportunities for infants, toddlers and children up to 9 years old.
- We are proud to be one of the few Chicago area schools to offer Montessori classes in a Catholic environment as well as support for children with special needs.
- Our programs include classes for parents and/or caregivers with infants and toddlers, transition classes for 3 year-old, full day preschool, kindergarten, and primary grade classes.
- We also offer Extended Day programs before and after school at our St. Bonaventure campus.
- Class sizes are limited to approximately 20 children with a teacher and assistant.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
American Montessori Society (AMS)
Other Montessori association(s)
Other associations(s) for exceptional children
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-3|
|Total Students||156 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- People that viewed Cardinal Bernardin Early Childhood Center also viewed these schools: Alphonsus Academy & Center For The Arts, British International School of Chicago-South Loop, Catherine Cook School, Montessori Academy Of Chicago and St Clement School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: NS-8 | 493 students
1439 W Wellington Ave
Chicago, IL 60657
(773)348-4629 0.4 NS-8
- Chicago Grades: NS-12
161 West 9th Street
Chicago, IL 60605
(773)998-2472 4.7 NS-12
- Chicago Grades: NS-8 | 573 students
226 W Schiller St
Chicago, IL 60610
(312)266-3381 2.5 NS-8
- Chicago Grades: PK-6 | 401 students
1335 W Randolph St
Chicago, IL 60607
(312)243-0977 3.4 PK-6
After stressing about our search, we have been so happy at CBECC. It was such a relief for us to find a Montessori that was reasonably priced and had such a long-standing good reputation. When we toured, it wasn`t as new as some of the other Montessori schools, but we left feeling like it definitely had more to offer. Great teacher to child ratio, classrooms bursting with cool "work", and really impressive outdoor space. We were used to planter boxes and equipment over asphalt, but CBECC has a huge front yard as well as a cool play yard with all kinds of different areas for the kids to explore. My child is in his second year of the 3-6yr preK, and he loves it. So do we!
- Posted by Parent - Bonnie
Nearby Homes for Sale
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.