- Welcome to the Only DIR® School in the State of Florida! CasaBlanca Academy is a truly innovative school, implementing the DIR® approach as an alternative to traditional behavioral models.
- The highly trained and qualified staff, in conjunction with each family, develops a plan for each student based on their individual strengths and challenges.
- This results in specific strategies directly addressing each child's emotional, social, and intellectual development. CasaBlanca Academy offers a one-to-one student-to-staff ratio and a dynamic environment to nurture and support positive relationships. Casablanca Academy curriculum is designed to strengthen each student's developmental capacities in order to guide students to higher order thinking.
- Engagement, reciprocity, problem solving, and logical thinking are incorporated into every activity in a manner which is both meaningful and purposeful.
- Our curriculum includes speech and language, self-monitoring techniques, social skills training/peer play, motor planning, yoga and visualization, music and art/creativity etc.
- Our program uses multi-sensory teaching materials to maximize opportunities for student learning.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-12|
|Total Students||9 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||1:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(School uniforms offered by not mandatory)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$36,000|
|Tuition Notes||McKay Scholarship is accepted towards the tuition total.|
|Admissions Director||Lizzie Bicknell|
The aim of our program is to produce children who:
- Are well-regulated
- Have healthy relationships
- Have good self-esteem and positive experience in a school environment
- Have a strong sense of self and are able to function independently
- Are in touch with their emotions
- Are independent thinkers and problem-solvers
- Are prepared emotionally, socially, behaviorally, and academically for less restrictive environments