Cascade Christian Academy
- CCA is a pre-K through 12th grade Seventh-day Adventist Christian college-preparatory school located in Wenatchee, WA.
- The Mission of CCA Educating our kids to love, do the right thing in all circumstances, forgive and live in peace, and bring their best to everything they do.
- Here's why you should consider CCA as your child's school for academic and spiritual learning: We love Jesus.We love students. We love learning.
- Families have options when considering their child's education - public, private, faith-based and home-school.
- CCA offers students of all backgrounds a genuine spiritual atmosphere, a broad diverse academic experience, as well as a safe, friendly and accepting environment.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools|
National Council for Private School Accreditation
|Religious Affiliation||Seventh Day Adventist|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia / Language-based or Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||271 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||11 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(uniform shirt & tan/navy pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||It is our goal that an education at CCA be available to those who desire a Christian education. Student work opportunities, tuition discounts, scholarships, and need-based tuition assistance are available to help make this goal a reality. Tuition and fees information is provided at an Educational Success Consultation visit.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Tracy Ringering|
|Endowment Size||$1.1 million|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Mission Trips, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Elementary Choir, Handbells
- Accreditation and Approval
- CCA is accredited by the Middle States Commissions on Elementary and Secondary Schools, the National Council for Private School Accreditation, the Association of Seventh-day Adventist Secondary Schools, and the North American Division of SDA Education. CCA is an approved private school with the State of Washington Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction.
- Teaching Staff
- CCA's teaching staff is well-educated and long-term. Our 14 full-time teachers have a combined 245 years of total teaching experience! CCA's teachers really love teaching and have been teaching at CCA for an average of 12.5 years. Five of our teachers have taught at CCA for over a decade, two have taught here for over 20 years and Mr. Roemer, high school history teacher, has been at CCA for almost 40 years! All CCA teachers are certified and endorsed to instruct in their respective grades and areas of specialty. Learn more about each teacher's education, history, hobbies and interests by reading their biographies found on our Staff page.
- Kindergarten through 8th Grade
- CCA offers excellent academic instruction in a Christ-centered, safe learning environment. Class sizes are small by design, providing for an excellent student to teacher ratio. Students in these grades have a homeroom teacher presenting materials at the appropriate grade level for most subjects. Several teachers also teach a specialty subject to multiple grades. CCA offers differentiated instruction that involves providing students with different avenues to learning. Music, library and physical education specialists provide instruction on a weekly basis and a resource teacher is also available to students needing extra help based on assessments of the teacher, parents and Administration.
- High School
- CCA offers a stimulating and rigorous college-preparatory course of studies designed to educate and prepare our students well for college and for life in the "real world". The high school course of studies exceeds the minimum requirements for the State of Washington and the majority of our graduates go on to attend college, often with significant academic scholarship awards. Both the ACT and SAT college readiness/assessment tests are offered at CCA, as well as the PSAT test, which is used to measure readiness for college, access scholarships, and practice for the SAT. Due to the small class sizes it is very common for students to develop strong mentoring relationships with teachers and staff.CCA`s classroom instruction is enhanced with learning that takes place outside of the school building. We have many off campus trips that take place during the school year throughout Washington and Oregon. Extracurricular activities are numerous and opportunities include Trip Week, Bible Camp, varsity sports, handbells, spiritual retreat and Student Association activities, all of which create a full and memorable high school experience. Every student who wishes to participate in these activities is welcomed, regardless of prior experience or ability.
- Family Groups
- At the beginning of each school year, the entire CCA student body, grades K through 12, is divided into groups, each headed up by a member of our teaching staff. Throughout the year these "family groups" get together during a chapel period for worship and a fun competition to win "Flash," the school`s stuffed little wolverine mascot. The competitions vary in style, include physical, mental, and creative events, and involve all ages of students within the family groups. Family groups are a wonderful way to promote cross-age bonding and provide leadership opportunities for the older students.
- Chromebooks in the Classroom
- CCA provides Chromebooks as a valuable teaching and learning tool in the classroom. Students in Kindergarten through 4th grade use Chromebooks in each classroom on a rotating basis between these grades. Students in 5th through 12th grades are assigned their own Chromebook for the school year, utilizing it in various ways throughout almost every class. GoGuardian provides a complete Chromebook management solution, keeping students safer online 24/7 at school and at home through filtering and monitoring as well as assisting teachers in classroom management and instruction.Effective integration of the Chromebook in the learning environment is the most important piece to a successful program. For many students, use of the Chromebook reveals an improved capability to comprehend and learn. Parents are pleased with the enhanced learning their students are experiencing and are very supportive of the education on digital citizenship that each student receives. Teachers appreciate the ways in which they are able to bring their subject matter to life.
- Community Service and Missions
- CCA students participate locally each year in "Make a Difference Day". In the past, the high school students have helped with winter clean-up at Camp Zanika ; the middle school has raked bark at a local park for the City of Wenatchee and done cleaning at the Lighthouse Mission, a local ministry to help the homeless; 5th graders have decorated Thanksgiving baskets for Serve Wenatchee; K-4th graders have delighted assisted living residents with their joyful singing.On a global level, CCA high school students have the opportunity to participate in mission trips and have been going out of the United States to serve others for decades. CCA has adopted The King's Children's Home, an orphanage in Belmopan, Belize, Central America. They have visited the school over the past years providing construction services such as building a security fence, raising a block building, painting and building picnic tables. CCA students also spend time with the children in the evening playing games, singing songs and telling stories. The next mission trip to Belize is scheduled to take place April 2018.
- After School Academic Study Program
- CCA offers an after school academic study program known as Academic Excellence (AE) for students in grades 6 - 12 as a way of helping students focus on their school work. AE meets after the last class period Monday through Thursday and is a study period for students whose grades reflect that more help and attention is needed. This is a supervised and structured setting where students have the opportunity to work with their teachers to complete their school work and gain better understanding of the subject.
- Facilities and Campus
- CCA's K-12 facilities provide a complete learning environment for our students and include a gymnasium, kitchen, cafeteria, 13 classrooms, band and music rooms, library, art room, technology and science labs, and an Industrial Arts shop. The fully-fenced campus covers about 10 acres and includes a playground (updated in 2017), outdoor basketball court, softball field and soccer/flag football field. Also on campus is Cascade Christian Child Care, a separate facility which provides early childhood education for children ages 12 months through 5 years, as well as care for school-age children through 12 years old.
- Student Employment
- There are many work opportunities at CCA for students age 14 and older. Students work about an hour each school day, earning Washington State minimum wage. Positions are available as graders for teachers and custodial helpers, as well as at Cascade Christian Child Care. Flexibility with work schedules is a natural part of employment at CCA, with work schedules generally starting after school and finishing in time for those participating in athletics. Students are taught the importance of being reliable and effective employees, while contributing funds to support their education.
- CCA is privileged to have a long-standing music program that benefits every student, Kindergarten through 12th grade. Our school music program includes general music classes for Kindergarten through 4th grade and band for every student beginning in 5th grade and continuing through high school, and an electives of elementary choir and junior and high school handbell choirs. In addition to performances at school concerts, the junior high and high school bands are involved in hosting church services for local churches that support CCA. As part of junior high and high school band, students also learn to sing and perform choral works several times each year.
- CCA middle school and high school students have the opportunity to participate in track and field, volleyball, basketball, soccer and cross country sports. CCA athletics is guided and governed by the CCA Athletics Handbook, as well as by the Washington Interscholastic Activities Association (WIAA). CCA is in the WIAA District 6, 1B classification and competes against the other schools within that district classification. Athletic participation can be a challenge for busy CCA students who juggle academics, after school jobs and other extracurricular commitments. Grade eligibility to participate is measured on an ongoing basis through the school year, ensuring that academics come before athletics in a student`s order of priorities. The fun of the game, the accomplishment of acquiring and improving their skills with a great coaching staff and team camaraderie are among the reasons why CCA students choose to participate in athletics.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wenatchee Grades: PK-5 | 223 students
600 Saint Joseph Pl
Wenatchee, WA 98801
(509)663-2644 1.2 PK-5
- Wenatchee Grades: PK-5 | 111 students
312 Palouse St
Wenatchee, WA 98801
(509)662-4757 1.8 PK-5
I am blessed to have graduated from this amazing school. I know that every student attending CCA will be SO blessed by this amazing staff. Love you all and the whole CCA family will be in my prayers. #LoveMercy
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Madeline Ringering
I loved all twelve years at CCA. CCA was my home and everyone who worked there was like family. I was so blessed to be a part of this amazing school. I love visiting and seeing lots of smiling faces ready to welcome me back. CCA will always hold such a special place in my heart.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Hannah Stonas
CCA exceeds our expectations in how well they communicate with parents. We feel very informed of school events, expectations and how our son is performing. Teachers are quick to respond to emails and honest about behavior and performance. We really appreciate that.
- Posted by Parent - Alicia S.
I really appreciate the math enrichment that is new this year for my son. I like that he is being challenged in a fun way. I love that Jesus is in the midst of everything they do all day long. I love his teacher, how she is nurturing and fun and is passionate about her job. I love that they start the week with chapel, start each day with worship and I love the Friday end-of-the-day routine!
- Posted by Parent - Tina W.
I like RenWeb and being able to check on my son`s progress periodically and the notifications it sends. When he has something that is negatively impacting his grades it makes it much easier to be proactive and informed rather than reactive at report card time. I am pleased with Ben`s educational adventure.
- Posted by Parent - Lance H.