The River Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (509) 665-2415
- The River Academy is a liberal arts Christian school, grades PreK (4s) through graduation.
- We are the only non-denominational K-12 private school in the Wenatchee Valley.
- The River Academy has a family-like atmosphere built on trust, grace, mutual respect and an absolute love for learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||262 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,236|
|Tuition Notes||Annual full-time student. Kinder-prep and Kindergarden are less.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Shauna Cenotto|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Ultimate Frisbee,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, House System, Key Club International, LEGO Robotics Club
- Families must agree to have their students taught in accordance with our Statement of Faith. Prospective Kinderprep students must be 4 by the start of the school year. Students K-12 will need an assessment prior to placement. There is an application and admissions meeting prior to acceptance.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wenatchee Grades: PK-5 | 207 students
600 Saint Joseph Pl
Wenatchee, WA 98801
(509) 663-2644 1.1 PK-5
My children were integrated into The River Academy 7 years ago, and this community has profoundly shaped our experience of the Wenatchee Valley ... all for the good! There are committed parents, wonderful zany / smart / curious children, and teachers committed each year to improve their game. When we first arrived, the school was going through a transition, but the hard work was worth it as now it has less of a parochial feel, and more of an integrated-into-the-world feel. Our kids feel sheltered from some of the worst excesses of what is out there, without being cloistered. Also, your kids will learn some incredible public speaking skills, as this is integrated throughout all the years - a definite bonus!
- Posted by Parent - Mom of Four
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
Many people thought vouchers would never amount to much. Not only have they amounted to a great deal more than anybody could have thought, but vouchers have encouraged several more education choices to flourish.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?