The River Academy
5.00 (1 review)
- The River Academy is a liberal arts Christian school, grades PreK (4s) through graduation.
- We are the only non-denominational K-12 private school in the Wenatchee Valley.
- The River Academy has a family-like atmosphere built on trust, grace, mutual respect and an absolute love for learning.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Classical and Christian Schools (ACCS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||262 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||16 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,236|
|Tuition Notes||Annual full-time student. Kinder-prep and Kindergarden are less.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Shauna Cenotto|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Ultimate Frisbee, VolleyballBasketball, Ultimate Frisbee,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, House System, Key Club International, LEGO Robotics Clu
- Families must agree to have their students taught in accordance with our Statement of Faith. Prospective Kinderprep students must be 4 by the start of the school year. Students K-12 will need an assessment prior to placement. There is an application and admissions meeting prior to acceptance.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Wenatchee Grades: PK-5 | 223 students
600 Saint Joseph Pl
Wenatchee, WA 98801
(509)663-2644 1.1 PK-5
- Wenatchee Grades: PK-5 | 111 students
312 Palouse St
Wenatchee, WA 98801
(509)662-4757 0 PK-5
My children were integrated into The River Academy 7 years ago, and this community has profoundly shaped our experience of the Wenatchee Valley ... all for the good! There are committed parents, wonderful zany / smart / curious children, and teachers committed each year to improve their game. When we first arrived, the school was going through a transition, but the hard work was worth it as now it has less of a parochial feel, and more of an integrated-into-the-world feel. Our kids feel sheltered from some of the worst excesses of what is out there, without being cloistered. Also, your kids will learn some incredible public speaking skills, as this is integrated throughout all the years - a definite bonus!
- Posted by Parent - Mom of Four
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.