Tel: (607) 272-3110
- Cascadilla School, founded in 1876 as a preparatory school for Cornell University, is an independent co-educational, not-for-profit high school.
- The school offers students an accelerated curriculum in grades nine through twelve as well as in a post graduate year.
- Cascadilla School is recognized and accredited by the New York State Department of Education and has maintained its historical association with Cornell University through the use of its libraries, dining halls, and other facilities.
- Students from ten different countries and the United States are guided by an expert faculty on its campus in Ithaca, New York.
- Cascadilla graduates go on to matriculate at leading colleges and universities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Total Students||35 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||3:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Whether you are just beginning the process of choosing a private school or several months into it, make sure that you keep these five 'must haves' front and center in your thinking.
Are charter schools private schools? What do vouchers have to do with private schools? Some answers here.
You cannot rank private schools. We explain why.