Eac Montessori School
- The mission of our school is to inspire the development of children toward becoming independent, responsible, contributing individuals, in a safe, supportive, culturally diverse environment that gives them the freedom to explore, cooperate, create, and become.
- In doing so we strive for the child to become one who seeks a personal vision, who uses their talents and skills to enrich individual and community life.
- We educate children in an atmosphere which promotes respect and dignity for themselves, for others, and for the world in which we live.
- The Montessori approach to education is a holistic one, offering not only a rigorous academic curriculum but addressing as well the spiritual, emotional, physical, and social needs of the child.
- We celebrate meaningful traditions. We honor the sanctity of each person's spirit.
- We provide the needed security to embrace challenge. We nourish the deep lasting relationship between children, teachers, and parents, which deepens the learning experience.
- Within the Montessori classroom children face a microcosm of the world.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||232 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||24 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||LIsa R. Smith|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ithaca Grades: PK-K | 78 students
12 Ascot Pl
Ithaca, NY 14850
(607) 266-0788 5.7 PK-K
- Ithaca Grades: PK-6 | 69 students
20 Nelson Rd
Ithaca, NY 14851
(607) 256-2020 1.2 PK-6
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.