Cedar Crest Academy Bellewood
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (425) 454-1234
- Cedar Crest Academy Kirkland recognize that each child is a special person with a unique background and experiences, as well as distinctive emotional, social, intellectual, and physical needs and characteristics.
- We also understand that each child develops differently at his or her own rate.
- Children learn best and are happiest when they have a positive self-image and are in a supportive, caring environment.
- This is why we are committed to creating a nurturing, stimulating, challenging, safe, and creative environment, we want the children in our program to thrive, learn, and develop to their fullest potential.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||285 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 14|
- Stimulating Environment: An excitement for learning and an enthusiasm for the school experience are fostered through the dynamic theme-based and activity-centered environment found at Cedar Crest Academy. Each child is given the opportunity to experience success while being guided through a well-balanced program of individual projects, small group activities, and large group interactions. We are committed to providing a fun-filled, rewarding program that meets each child's intellectual, physical, social, creative, and emotional needs. Your child's typical day will include individual attention, gentle guidance and instruction, developmentally appropriate activities, and exposure to reading, math, science, art, music, and problem-solving challenges, all integrated with introduction to and in-depth exploration of the current curriculum theme.
- Themed Classrooms: Every classroom is themed, creating a more in-depth exploratory space. Each classroom's theme is presented through special décor and furnishings, as well as specialized learning equipment appropriate to that particular classroom (for further information please click the links below).Each classroom serves as a Homeroom to one of our classes, and throughout the day each class and its teachers journey together from one discovery-based classroom to another. This gives children the opportunity to engage in and explore each area while preventing them from being stifled and growing bored in one classroom throughout the entire day. Your child's primary teacher moves with the class from one learning station to another. This provides continuity and stability while the children are exposed to changes in their environment.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Kirkland Grades: 5-12 | 431 students
10613 NE 38th Place
Kirkland, WA 98033
(425) 822-5668 0.1 5-12
- Bellevue Grades: NS-PK
10733 Northup Way
Bellevue, WA 98004
(425) 893-8888 0.3 NS-PK
- Kirkland Grades: PK-K | 70 students
5311 108th Ave Ne
Kirkland, WA 98033
(425) 822-5664 0.7 PK-K
- Kirkland Grades: K-8 | 105 students
5320 108th Ave Ne
Kirkland, WA 98033
(425) 822-7554 0.8 K-8
Very unhappy with this school`s leadership. While there`s a focus on academics the quality of food and enrichment programs has dropped in the past two years.
- Posted by Parent - Anonymous
Exceptional school. Our child attended from pre-K to 4th grade. The focus on academics is so softly woven into age-appropriate activities that our kids with ease learned division and complex for their age problems while cutting pizza.. By 2nd grade, the class scored 97-98% compared to national average for 2nd grades using ITBS scores, by 3d grades they easily grasp 5-7th grade curriculum. Additionally, it is not all of the academics which are superior to any other school we''ve toured, reviewed and attended (kids who went to gifted programs Qwest, etc found them less challenging after being at cedar crest) that made us stay at this school; itt is the holistic learning, the care, compassion, and curiosity that teachers enlist within their students each and every day. I have observed so many times with so many school's teachers the true passion, care, professionalism and respect to each family and every student - from a teacher who would carry a crying 3 year old that did not like the drop off, to pre-k teacher who would be reading and playing puzzles with her students while crawling on the carpet with them; to teachers in elementary school that will take the time to prepare custom assignments if they see that the student has absorbed a given topic and wants to learn more, who know their students like their own children and feel privileged that we as parents intrusted our children with them . Director knows every family if not by name but for sure by face and knows every student's name... it is an amazing school. One fee covers everything entirely - excursions, trips, books, supplies, hot and multiple fresh meals; there is an early drop off and pick up which gets your kiddos entertained and engaged in teacher-lead activities. This school has everything you as a parent might think you want from a school. I can't recommend them enough.
- Posted by Parent - natal
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.