Cedar Ridge School
- Cedar Ridge School is a special education facility that provides for the academic, emotional and spiritual needs of emotionally disturbed boys.
- The school serves male students, both residents and local day students, between the ages of seven and twenty-one and is approved by the Maryland Department of Education to serve students with a primary disability of emotional disturbance or other health impairments such as ADHD. The school program offers support to boys with emotional difficulties through the provision of a highly structured behavioral environment.
- We maintain small student/teacher ratios. In addition, we provide individual and group counseling to help the boys in dealing with issues related to their identified treatment needs.
- On-staff social workers design and conduct special groups to address the students' needs and their relationships with each other.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Frostburg Grades: 3-12 | 26 students
605 Salem Drive
Frostburg, MD 21532
(301)689-8176 68 3-12
- Baltimore Grades: 9-12 | 16 students
3800 Frederick Ave
Baltimore, MD 21229
(410)233-1400 64.8 9-12
- Potomac Grades: K-6 | 40 students
11510 Falls Road
Potomac, MD 20854
(301)299-4603 51.6 K-6
- Baltimore Grades: 9-12 | 93 students
6823 Old Pimlico Rd
Baltimore, MD 21209
(410)486-0006 62.9 9-12
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.