Cedar Ridge School
- Cedar Ridge School is a special education facility that provides for the academic, emotional and spiritual needs of emotionally disturbed boys.
- The school serves male students, both residents and local day students, between the ages of seven and twenty-one and is approved by the Maryland Department of Education to serve students with a primary disability of emotional disturbance or other health impairments such as ADHD. The school program offers support to boys with emotional difficulties through the provision of a highly structured behavioral environment.
- We maintain small student/teacher ratios. In addition, we provide individual and group counseling to help the boys in dealing with issues related to their identified treatment needs.
- On-staff social workers design and conduct special groups to address the students' needs and their relationships with each other.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||36 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 33%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Clear SpringGrades: 9-12 | 12 students
12806 Independence Rd
Clear Spring, MD 21722
- HagerstownGrades: 8-12 | 240 students
17641 College Road
Hagerstown, MD 21740
- HagerstownGrades: 9-12 | 210 students
1535 Oak Hill Ave
Hagerstown, MD 21742
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.