Cedar Ridge School
- Cedar Ridge School is a special education facility that provides for the academic, emotional and spiritual needs of emotionally disturbed boys.
- The school serves male students, both residents and local day students, between the ages of seven and twenty-one and is approved by the Maryland Department of Education to serve students with a primary disability of emotional disturbance or other health impairments such as ADHD. The school program offers support to boys with emotional difficulties through the provision of a highly structured behavioral environment.
- We maintain small student/teacher ratios. In addition, we provide individual and group counseling to help the boys in dealing with issues related to their identified treatment needs.
- On-staff social workers design and conduct special groups to address the students' needs and their relationships with each other.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other school association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 2-12|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Frostburg Grades: 3-12 | 26 students
605 Salem Drive
Frostburg, MD 21532
(301)689-8176 68 3-12
- Baltimore Grades: 9-12 | 16 students
3800 Frederick Ave
Baltimore, MD 21229
(410)233-1400 64.8 9-12
- Potomac Grades: K-6 | 40 students
11510 Falls Road
Potomac, MD 20854
(301)299-4603 51.6 K-6
- Baltimore Grades: 9-12 | 93 students
6823 Old Pimlico Rd
Baltimore, MD 21209
(410)486-0006 62.9 9-12
Educating a gifted child can be daunting as there is no clear roadmap for your child's education. Some thoughts and suggestions here.
Signs that your school might be failing don't suddenly appear all at once like a flashing neon sign. Instead, they appear gradually over weeks, months, and years. We explore the warning signs and offer some suggestions to mitigate them.
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.