Center Academy Prep
5.00 (4 reviews)
- The mission of Center Academy is to provide students with a learning environment that facilitates the development of self-confidence, motivation, and academic skills, and gives students the opportunity to achieve success in life.
- It is often difficult for a child to maintain self-esteem when his/her learning requirements differ from other students in school.
- Therefore, we offer a highly structured educational program in an atmosphere that is familiar, understanding, nurturing, and supportive.
- Center Academy helps students with average to above average intelligence who "fall through the cracks" in school, or who need special help with organization, motivation, and/or social skills.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Children and Adults with Attention Deficit or Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Specific Learning Disabilities, ADD/ADHD, Language Impairment, Asperger Syndrome/ASD|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$14,980|
|Tuition Notes||John McKay, Gardiner and Center Academy scholarships available for students with IEPs, 504 Plans, or financial need|
|Admissions Director||Barbara Cooper|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess Club, Computer Club, Fishing Club, Photography Club, Sports Club, Student Council
- The mission of Center Academy is to provide students with a learning environment that facilitates the development of self-confidence, motivation, and academic skills, and gives students the opportunity to achieve success in life. It is often difficult for a child to maintain self-esteem when his/her learning requirements differ from other students in school. Therefore, we offer a highly structured educational program in an atmosphere that is familiar, understanding, nurturing, and supportive. Center Academy helps students with average to above average intelligence who "fall through the cracks" in school, or who need special help with organization, motivation, and/or social skills.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Coral SpringsGrades: K-12 | 102 students
10193 Nw 31st St
Coral Springs, FL 33065
- Coral SpringsGrades: K-12
1750 N. University Blvd., Suite 105
Coral Springs, FL 33071
- Pompano BeachGrades: PK-12 | 196 students
2251 NW 36th Avenue
Pompano Beach, FL 33066
- Fort LauderdaleGrades: 9-12 | 2194 students
2801 Sw 12th St
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33312
- Fort LauderdaleGrades: PK-12 | 294 students
3275 West Oakland Park Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
We are extremely glad we found Center Academy Prep of Coral Springs. We homeschooled our son for many years because of mild learning difficulties. We were very cautious about where to place him. The faculty and staff are very caring and concerned. Our son is moving at a pace that is challenging but manageable for him. We are pleased with the small class size and the individual care our son receives. This is our first year with CAP and the registration process was not difficult at all. It's a terrific school and I highly recommend them, especially if your child doesn't fit into the academic "box" in the public school setting.
- Posted by Parent - S.B.
Center Academy is the best school my son ever attended! He used to say that he hated school before, but on his first week at CA he came home very excited that he was finally learning. That helped his self steem and gave us hope. He's now a senior, and oddly enough, I feel sad, that he's finishing High School, mixing feelings, because he's not going to get the same understanding, help, caring and attention that's used to. Mr. Nelson is a great teacher, actually all teachers are terrific, I never had any doubts about their skills, but Mr. Nelson is "the man". Mrs. Cooper also made such a difference, it was great already before her, but her energy, focus and idealism pumped up the whole structure. I can stay here all day praising the wonderful job this school has done in my son's and our lives...but I don't think anybody will read everything anyway...lol...do your homework, and go check this school out! Way to go Center Academy! thanks for all the hard work!
- Posted by Parent - mcali
My son was struggling in public school so I was desperate to find an alternative learning environment for him. Miraculously, Center Academy is only a mile from my home. From the first visit, I could sense the difference in the level of concern and caring for the children and their education. This is my son's second year at Center Academy and I am thrilled to announce that it was been a Godsend to my son and my family. We cannot give enough praise to the teachers and staff. Now I am confident that my son will be successful
- Posted by Parent - antul
Center Academy in Coral Springs is an excellent Private School. Ms. Cooper, the Principal runs a challenging and professional school. The teachers go the extra mile for all students. Curriculum is tailored to each student in a way that they succeed. My daughter loves the school and is thriving academically. Thank you Center Academy!
- Posted by Parent - soozi
January 23, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 23, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 22, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.