Center Academy Prep
5.00 (4 reviews)
- The mission of Center Academy is to provide students with a learning environment that facilitates the development of self-confidence, motivation, and academic skills, and gives students the opportunity to achieve success in life.
- It is often difficult for a child to maintain self-esteem when his/her learning requirements differ from other students in school.
- Therefore, we offer a highly structured educational program in an atmosphere that is familiar, understanding, nurturing, and supportive.
- Center Academy helps students with average to above average intelligence who "fall through the cracks" in school, or who need special help with organization, motivation, and/or social skills.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Independent Private Schools Association|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA)
Children and Adults with Attention Deficit or Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD)
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Dyslexia, Dysgraphia, Specific Learning Disabilities, ADD/ADHD, Language Impairment, Asperger Syndrome/ASD|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$695|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Limited to 12 students. HS grade forgiveness or new HS credit available up to 1.5 credits. All non-credit subjects available as well especially for review.|
|Total Students||82 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,480|
|Tuition Notes||John McKay, Gardiner and Center Academy scholarships available for students with IEPs, 504 Plans, or financial need|
|Admissions Director||Barbara Cooper|
|Admissions Associate||Dr. Andrew Hicks|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess Club, Community Service Club, Computer Club, Photography Club, Sports Club, Student Council
- The mission of Center Academy is to provide students with a learning environment that facilitates the development of self-confidence, motivation, and academic skills, and gives students the opportunity to achieve success in life. It is often difficult for a child to maintain self-esteem when his/her learning requirements differ from other students in school. Therefore, we offer a highly structured educational program in an atmosphere that is familiar, understanding, nurturing, and supportive. Center Academy helps students with average to above average intelligence who "fall through the cracks" in school, or who need special help with organization, motivation, and/or social skills.
Profile last updated:
- People that viewed Center Academy Prep also viewed these schools: Atlantis Academy, Bright Steps Forward, American Preparatory Academy, Academy High School-coral Springs Campus and Children's Educational Services d.b.a. The Broach School and Crossroads Christian School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Coral Springs Grades: K-12
1750 N. University Blvd., Suite 105
Coral Springs, FL 33071
(954)376-3911 2.7 K-12
- Coral Springs Grades: 9-12 | 187 students
648 Riverside Drive
Coral Springs, FL 33071
(954)680-8309 3.6 9-12
- Jacksonville Grades: K-12
12276 San Jose Blvd. Suite 528
Jacksonville, FL 32223
(904)652-1282 279.8 K-12
We are extremely glad we found Center Academy Prep of Coral Springs. We homeschooled our son for many years because of mild learning difficulties. We were very cautious about where to place him. The faculty and staff are very caring and concerned. Our son is moving at a pace that is challenging but manageable for him. We are pleased with the small class size and the individual care our son receives. This is our first year with CAP and the registration process was not difficult at all. It's a terrific school and I highly recommend them, especially if your child doesn't fit into the academic "box" in the public school setting.
- Posted by Parent - S.B.
Center Academy is the best school my son ever attended! He used to say that he hated school before, but on his first week at CA he came home very excited that he was finally learning. That helped his self steem and gave us hope. He's now a senior, and oddly enough, I feel sad, that he's finishing High School, mixing feelings, because he's not going to get the same understanding, help, caring and attention that's used to. Mr. Nelson is a great teacher, actually all teachers are terrific, I never had any doubts about their skills, but Mr. Nelson is "the man". Mrs. Cooper also made such a difference, it was great already before her, but her energy, focus and idealism pumped up the whole structure. I can stay here all day praising the wonderful job this school has done in my son's and our lives...but I don't think anybody will read everything anyway...lol...do your homework, and go check this school out! Way to go Center Academy! thanks for all the hard work!
- Posted by Parent - mcali
My son was struggling in public school so I was desperate to find an alternative learning environment for him. Miraculously, Center Academy is only a mile from my home. From the first visit, I could sense the difference in the level of concern and caring for the children and their education. This is my son's second year at Center Academy and I am thrilled to announce that it was been a Godsend to my son and my family. We cannot give enough praise to the teachers and staff. Now I am confident that my son will be successful
- Posted by Parent - antul
Center Academy in Coral Springs is an excellent Private School. Ms. Cooper, the Principal runs a challenging and professional school. The teachers go the extra mile for all students. Curriculum is tailored to each student in a way that they succeed. My daughter loves the school and is thriving academically. Thank you Center Academy!
- Posted by Parent - soozi
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.