Central Kitsap Montessori
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$85|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer school runs for 6 different weeks. Check the calendar on our website. Cost is $85 per week.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,900|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition divided into monthly payments of $290.00|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,450|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Diana Zegers|
|Admissions Associate||Jillian McClendon|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Music, Sign Language
- Central Kitsap Montessori recently celebrated our 25th year! Our beautiful new building features 2 classrooms, each with a morning and afternoon class which gives you four classes from which to choose.
- We teach respect for all cultures with a variety of stories, songs and activities. Our children are accustomed to celebrating diversity as well as sameness. They can be found trying on traditional clothes from regions across the world, eating food from other continents, or doing art projects that represent different countries.
- Sign language is an extra area of study that we provide. The children are in a "sensitive period" for second language studies and can quickly assimilate this useful language.
- We have a music specialist that comes in once a week. Miss Gretchen is well-loved by our children and does much more than sing songs with the kids. Our children learn how to keep a steady beat, learn what different musical words mean, and build an amazing musical foundation for the rest of their lives!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Poulsbo Grades: PK-K | 52 students
17271 Clear Creek Rd Nw
Poulsbo, WA 98370
(360)779-2620 4.7 PK-K
- Silverdale Grades: PK-K | 37 students
11878 Schold Rd Nw
Silverdale, WA 98383
(360)692-1055 1.7 PK-K
- Bremerton Grades: NS-PK | 80 students
900 Sylvan Way
Bremerton, WA 98310
(360)373-5028 4.2 NS-PK
- Port Orchard Grades: PK-6 | 76 students
1026 Sidney Avenue # 160
Port Orchard, WA 98366
(360)443-7120 8.5 PK-6
- Poulsbo Grades: NS-K | 20 students
3805 Sawdust Hill Rd NE
Poulsbo, WA 98370
(360)779-1225 8.9 NS-K
I highly recommend Central Kitsap Montessori. Since my daughter started at this school she has thrived academically and socially. She loves her teachers and so do I. When I first looked at the school, I couldn't believe my eyes seeing how many of the students read SO well for only being 3, 4 and 5! I drive quite a distance to get her to school and some people think it's silly for a half day preschool. I believe that it's worth it.
- Posted by Parent - nixcp
What happens if my child suddenly takes sick before the end of the school year? What if he is expelled? Answers here.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.