Central Kitsap Montessori
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 27%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,850|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition divided into monthly payments of $285.00|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,425|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Diana Zegers|
|Admissions Associate||Jillian McClendon|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Music, Sign Language Music, Sign Language,|
- Central Kitsap Montessori recently celebrated our 25th year! Our beautiful new building features 2 classrooms, each with a morning and afternoon class which gives you four classes from which to choose.
- We teach respect for all cultures with a variety of stories, songs and activities. Our children are accustomed to celebrating diversity as well as sameness. They can be found trying on traditional clothes from regions across the world, eating food from other continents, or doing art projects that represent different countries.
- Sign language is an extra area of study that we provide. The children are in a "sensitive period" for second language studies and can quickly assimilate this useful language.
- We have a music specialist that comes in once a week. Miss Gretchen is well-loved by our children and does much more than sing songs with the kids. Our children learn how to keep a steady beat, learn what different musical words mean, and build an amazing musical foundation for the rest of their lives!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PoulsboGrades: PK-K | 65 students
17271 Clear Creek Rd Nw
Poulsbo, WA 98370
SilverdaleGrades: PK-K | 37 students
11878 Schold Rd Nw
Silverdale, WA 98383
Port OrchardGrades: PK-8 | 99 students
1026 Sidney Avenue # 160
Port Orchard, WA 98366
BremertonGrades: NS-PK | 80 students
900 Sylvan Way
Bremerton, WA 98310
BremertonGrades: PK-3 | 86 students
7333 Tracyton Blvd
Bremerton, WA 98370
I highly recommend Central Kitsap Montessori. Since my daughter started at this school she has thrived academically and socially. She loves her teachers and so do I. When I first looked at the school, I couldn't believe my eyes seeing how many of the students read SO well for only being 3, 4 and 5! I drive quite a distance to get her to school and some people think it's silly for a half day preschool. I believe that it's worth it.
- Posted by Parent - nixcp
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?