Central Kitsap Montessori
Central Kitsap Montessori provides Montessori education to young children in a peaceful, rural setting which gives them a foundation for their future learning and for life.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Students: 72 students
- Yearly Tuition: $3,250
- Acceptance rate: 99%
- Average class size: 18 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Cost
Summer Program Cost Notes
Summer school runs for 6 different weeks. Check the calendar on our website. Cost is $90 per week for current or incoming students. Children not enrolled at CK Montessori may attend at a rate of $130 per week.
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition divided into 10 monthly payments of $325.00, September - June
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Arts and Music Programs:
Music, Sign Language
Music, Sign Language
- Central Kitsap Montessori has 2 classrooms, each with a morning and afternoon class which gives you 4 classes from which to choose.
- All 4 of our classes are composed of preschoolers and kindergarteners. Each class has 18 children with one Montessori certified head teacher and one assistant teacher.
- All classes are 4 days / week, 2.5 hours / day.
- Our beautiful barn style building features large windows and high ceilings which creat a comfortable and peaceful learning environment.
- We teach respect for all cultures with a variety of stories, songs and activities. Our children are accustomed to celebrating diversity as well as sameness. They can be found trying on traditional clothes from regions across the world, eating food from other continents, or doing art projects that represent different countries.
- Sign language is an extra area of study that we provide. The children are in a "sensitive period" for second language studies and can quickly assimilate this useful language.
- We have a music specialist that comes in once a week. Mrs. Wheeler is well-loved by our children and does much more than sing songs with the kids. Our children learn how to keep a steady beat, learn what different musical words mean, and build an amazing musical foundation for the rest of their lives!
The walls of Central Kitsap Montessori are built with kindness and love and all the goodness I could have ever hoped to surround my child! I knew we had found exactly we had been looking for when we walked through the doors at Central Kitsap Montessori. Everything from the structure of the day, the challenge and purposefulness of the activities, the variety of resources at my little one's fingertips, the opportunity for independence in a safe and supportive environment to the warm and welcoming staff and the thoughtfulness of every detail of the space (indoors and out)-. All our boxes were checked. Without a doubt, the time our daughter spent at CKM has been an absolute blessing and has laid a foundation for her lifelong love of learning! When she brings home her work from the week, her face lights up showing us each activity and she often comes home bursting at the seams to teach us what she has learned that day, which we absolutely love! They created a space where my little one could freely explore, create and learn in a way that was true to her heart! I will forever be grateful for her time there and for all the wonderful people involved!
I highly recommend Central Kitsap Montessori. Since my daughter started at this school she has thrived academically and socially. She loves her teachers and so do I. When I first looked at the school, I couldn't believe my eyes seeing how many of the students read SO well for only being 3, 4 and 5! I drive quite a distance to get her to school and some people think it's silly for a half day preschool. I believe that it's worth it.
Endorse Central Kitsap Montessori. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.