Central Kitsap Montessori
5.00 (1 review)
- Central Kitsap Montessori provides Montessori education to young children in a peaceful, rural setting which gives them a foundation for their future learning and for life.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$90|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer school runs for 6 different weeks. Check the calendar on our website. Cost is $90 per week for current or incoming students. Children not enrolled at CK Montessori may attend at a rate of $130 per week.|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||72 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,100|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition divided into 10 monthly payments of $310.00, September - June|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,550|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Jillian McClendon|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Arts and Music Programs:|
Music, Sign Language
- Central Kitsap Montessori has 2 classrooms, each with a morning and afternoon class which gives you 4 classes from which to choose.
- All 4 of our classes are composed of preschoolers and kindergarteners. Each class has 18 children with one Montessori certified head teacher and one assistant teacher.
- All classes are 4 days / week, 2.5 hours / day.
- Our beautiful barn style building features large windows and high ceilings which creat a comfortable and peaceful learning environment.
- We teach respect for all cultures with a variety of stories, songs and activities. Our children are accustomed to celebrating diversity as well as sameness. They can be found trying on traditional clothes from regions across the world, eating food from other continents, or doing art projects that represent different countries.
- Sign language is an extra area of study that we provide. The children are in a "sensitive period" for second language studies and can quickly assimilate this useful language.
- We have a music specialist that comes in once a week. Mrs. Wheeler is well-loved by our children and does much more than sing songs with the kids. Our children learn how to keep a steady beat, learn what different musical words mean, and build an amazing musical foundation for the rest of their lives!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Poulsbo Grades: PK-K | 52 students
17271 Clear Creek Rd Nw
Poulsbo, WA 98370
(360)779-2620 4.7 PK-K
- Silverdale Grades: PK-K | 37 students
11878 Schold Rd Nw
Silverdale, WA 98383
(360)692-1055 1.7 PK-K
- Bremerton Grades: NS-PK | 80 students
900 Sylvan Way
Bremerton, WA 98310
(360)373-5028 4.2 NS-PK
- Port Orchard Grades: PK-6 | 76 students
1026 Sidney Avenue # 160
Port Orchard, WA 98366
(360)443-7120 8.5 PK-6
- Poulsbo Grades: NS-K | 20 students
3805 Sawdust Hill Rd NE
Poulsbo, WA 98370
(360)779-1225 8.9 NS-K
I highly recommend Central Kitsap Montessori. Since my daughter started at this school she has thrived academically and socially. She loves her teachers and so do I. When I first looked at the school, I couldn't believe my eyes seeing how many of the students read SO well for only being 3, 4 and 5! I drive quite a distance to get her to school and some people think it's silly for a half day preschool. I believe that it's worth it.
- Posted by Parent - nixcp
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.