Chaminade Julienne Catholic High School
Tel: (937) 461-3740
Chaminade Julienne stands as a truly unique school in Dayton. Diversity is one of Chaminade Juliennes greatest strengths.
Each student has the opportunity to learn with and from individuals whose social, economic, racial and religious backgrounds are different than their own.
Students gain a real-world view of the community and an appreciation for the ways diversity can enrich their personal, academic, and eventually, professional lives. Chaminade Juliennes academic program strives to enhance the knowledge and critical-thinking skills necessary for students to become life-long learners and contributing members of society.
At CJ, each student is encouraged to strive for academic excellence at a level commensurate with his or her ability.
Respecting the individual needs of each student, CJ offers courses at various academic levels.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||623 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 19%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||55 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Number of AP Courses||11 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Founded in 1850, Chaminade Julienne Catholic High School is a culturally enriched community of students seeking an excellent Catholic educational experience. Students come to CJ from across the Miami Valley coming from over 60 different institutions and gain the unique advantage of learning within a culture rich with students from different backgrounds and experiences--an advantage that many students do not have prior to beginning their college career.The school continues to be a thought leader in secondary education, adapting to the needs of today's students. CJ provides a rigorous college prep curriculum which incorporates advanced placement courses and innovative teaching that drives each academic department. CJ became the first Catholic high school in Ohio to be dually certified in Project Lead the Way's biomedical and engineering curriculum, giving students the opportunity to earn college credit while in high school. CJ was also a pilot school for City Connects and has implemented the program, which serves every student in maximizing his or her high school experience, since 2010. A hallmark of a CJ education is the experience students gain in working with the ministry and service department all four years at CJ. Students participate in retreats and the celebration of sacraments and learn the importance of participating in Christ's work through the many service learning opportunities that CJ provides.The school is grounded in the mission and tradition of the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur and the Society of Mary, and firmly established on the 152-year-old foundation of its predecessor schools including Notre Dame Academy and Julienne (Sisters of Notre Dame); Chaminade (Society of Mary); and St. Joseph Commercial High School (Sisters of Charity)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dayton Grades: 9-12 | 514 students
940 E David Rd
Dayton, OH 45429
(937) 434-4434 5.5 9-12
- Dayton Grades: PK-8 | 355 students
104 W Dorothy Ln
Dayton, OH 45429
(937) 293-9452 3.5 PK-8
- Dayton Grades: K-8 | 341 students
2001 Woodman Dr
Dayton, OH 45420
(937) 254-5411 4.3 K-8
- Dayton Grades: 9-12 | 891 students
4524 Linden Ave
Dayton, OH 45432
(937) 253-8188 4.2 9-12
- Dayton Grades: K-12 | 94 students
925 N Main St
Dayton, OH 45405
(937) 224-8555 1.4 K-12
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.