Dominion Academy of Dayton is a classical, Christian school committed to learning well to love well.
We cultivate a joyful love for truth, goodness, and beauty. Dominion Academy of Dayton is a ministry of Christ the King Anglican Church. We serve approximately 100 students in grades K-12.
- Grades: Kindergarten-12
- Students: 94 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 21%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
AP Art History, AP Literature and Composition, AP Psychology, AP Studio Art, AP United States Government, AP United States HIstory, AP World History
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
- Dominion Academy of Dayton is a classical Christian school providing a college preparatory education based on the Bible, reason, and Tradition. We strive to be an academic community which prizes learning well to love well.
- Christian: While rooted in Anglicanism as a ministry of Christ the King Anglican Church, our students and teachers come from many other Christian traditions Anglican, Reformed, Roman Catholic, Evangelical, and Eastern Orthodox. Unified by our common love for the Lord and commitment to creedal essentials, we strive to faithfully pass on the Christian intellectual tradition to the next generation.
- Classical: The classical vision is summed up in a proper love of the True, the Good, and the Beautiful. It is a well-balanced education oriented around cultivating wisdom and virtue. Our students are rooted in the liberal arts, learning in dialogue with primary sources and the great ideas of western and non-western civilization. We believe that a classical education dynamically trains a student`s character and imagination for the challenges of the future.
- College-Preparatory: Since history`s great ideas should naturally lead to engaging with today`s opportunities, we are relentlessly practical and use our experience to prepare students for life after high school. Our PSAT, ACT, and SAT scores are consistently very high, due to rigorous test preparation and teachers who guide students according to their individual needs. Our collegiate-model schedule encourages student initiative and builds self discipline. Between 2012 and 2014, 20 out of our 35 graduates received full tuition scholarships to the colleges they chose to attend.
Endorse Dominion Academy. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.