5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (952) 378-1779
- Chesterton Academy is a joyfully Catholic, classical, affordable high school.
- Chesterton Academy offers a well-defined integrated curriculum with classical emphasis, emphasis on general knowledge, a mixture of Socratic method and lecture format, regular and committed involvement in pro-life activities, daily Mass, and affordable tuition.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 9-12|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2012, 2014|
|Total Students||156 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||20 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,850|
|Admissions Director||Kristen Basgall|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||17 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Art Club, Chess Club, Discernment Club, Electronics Club, Entrepreneurship Club, House System Prefects, Mock Trial Club, Pro-Life Club, Saints Club, Social Life Committee, Women's Defense Club, Works of Mercy Service Club, Yearbook Committee
Arts and Music Programs:
Chamber Choir, St. Cecilia String Ensemble, Women's Ensemble
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Track and Running Club
- The purpose of Chesterton Academy is to nurture the minds and the souls of our students through an integrated education. We believe that all truths are related to the central truth of the Incarnation, Crucifixion, and Resurrection of Jesus Christ. Faith and reason do not contradict one another, nor are they to be segregated from one another. Through the study of art, music, literature, language, history, mathematics, science, philosophy and religion, we want to prepare our students to think both rationally and creatively, to defend their faith, to contribute positively to society, and to promote a culture of life.We are called as faithful Christians to build a Culture of Life, which means going against modern trends and fashions in almost everything, especially in our approach to learning. As G.K. Chesterton said, "A dead thing goes with the stream; only a living thing can go against it."G.K. Chesterton represents the ideal of a complete thinker but also of a modern cultural warrior. At the beginning of the 20th century, he foresaw and addressed many of the destructive trends that have continued into the 21st century. As a recognized defender of the faith, a literary genius, and a stellar example of Christian charity, Chesterton is a perfect model on which to develop an integrated education.We are preparing our children for both temporal life and eternal life: to be good citizens and to be saints.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hopkins Grades: PK-12 | 1366 students
110 Blake Road S
Hopkins, MN 55343
(952) 988-3420 1.5 PK-12
- Hopkins Grades: NS-PK
101 Blake Rd N
Hopkins, MN 55343
(952) 935-4410 1.6 NS-PK
- Hopkins Grades: 7-9 | 150 students
3830 Baker Rd
Hopkins, MN 55305
(763) 267-2917 1.6 7-9
- Hopkins Grades: PK-K | 14 students
412 5th Ave. N
Hopkins, MN 55343
(952) 935-5588 1.9 PK-K
Going on our 3rd year with Chesterton Academy and the school is still exceeding any expectations we have had on all levels. This has not been our experience in the past with other schools. The students are well educated and "joyfully Catholic" is exactly so.
- Posted by Parent - Paula H.
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.