Children's House Of Norman
- Children's House, founded in 1971 as Norman's first Montessori school, is a not-for-profit early education center emphasizing a Montessori approach to education.
- Our students enjoy active learning in a child-centered environment carefully prepared to include developmentally appropriate activities.
- Independence and freedom of choice are emphasized, along with individualized attention by teachers who have been educated in child development and are qualified to enrich your child's early learning experience in a warm, supportive social environment.
Children's House Of Norman places among the top 20% of private schools in Oklahoma for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Upper Elementary $7300/year Lower Elementary $7200/year Primary All Day $6800/year Primary Morning Only $6500/year|
|Admissions Director||Kristen Hill|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, French Reading Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Class, Ukulele Lessons, Violin Lessons
- Children must be at least 3 by September 1st to enroll for the fall. We require that students be potty trained.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Norman Grades: K | 62 students
1312 Lincoln Ave
Norman, OK 73072
(405)321-7898 0.8 K
We take a detailed look at the three popular early childhood methods to help you determine which one best suits your needs and requirements.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.
Ever wish you could pick the brain of A+ students? Well, we did it for you — we spoke with dozens of students and educators to find out their secrets for success.