Children's House Of Norman
- Children's House, founded in 1971 as Norman's first Montessori school, is a not-for-profit early education center emphasizing a Montessori approach to education.
- Our students enjoy active learning in a child-centered environment carefully prepared to include developmentally appropriate activities.
- Independence and freedom of choice are emphasized, along with individualized attention by teachers who have been educated in child development and are qualified to enrich your child's early learning experience in a warm, supportive social environment.
Children's House Of Norman places among the top 20% of private schools in Oklahoma for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Upper Elementary $7300/year Lower Elementary $7200/year Primary All Day $6800/year Primary Morning Only $6500/year|
|Admissions Director||Kristen Hill|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, French Reading Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Class, Ukulele Lessons, Violin Lessons
- Children must be at least 3 by September 1st to enroll for the fall. We require that students be potty trained.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Norman Grades: K | 62 students
1312 Lincoln Ave
Norman, OK 73072
(405)321-7898 0.8 K
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.