Children's House Of Norman
- Children's House, founded in 1971 as Norman's first Montessori school, is a not-for-profit early education center emphasizing a Montessori approach to education.
- Our students enjoy active learning in a child-centered environment carefully prepared to include developmentally appropriate activities.
- Independence and freedom of choice are emphasized, along with individualized attention by teachers who have been educated in child development and are qualified to enrich your child's early learning experience in a warm, supportive social environment.
Children's House Of Norman places among the top 20% of private schools in Oklahoma for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Upper Elementary $7300/year Lower Elementary $7300/year Primary All Day $7000/year Primary Morning Only $6800/year|
|Admissions Director||Kristen Hill|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Chess Club, French Reading Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Class, Ukulele Lessons, Violin Lessons
- Children must be at least 3 by September 1st to enroll for thefall. We require that students be potty trained.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Norman Grades: K | 62 students
1312 Lincoln Ave
Norman, OK 73072
(405) 321-7898 0.9 K
- Oklahoma City Grades: PK-12 | 980 students
1800 NW 122nd Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73120
(405) 749-3005 28.6 PK-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.