Childrens Home Of Stockton
- The Children's Home of Stockton's Non-Public School is a private non-profit, non-sectarian special education school certified by the California State Department of Education.
- The school operates on a 230 day extended year, including 180 days of full-time (6 hour) sessions during the regular school year and two 25 partial day summer sessions.
- Qualification for admission to the NPS program is contingent upon the student's established need for Special Education services, as determined through local School Districts or the County Office of Education.
- The school program provides an alternative educational environment for students requiring intensive specialized educational and/or socio-emotional programming in a highly structured educational environment.
- Students may be referred to the NPS program for educational services from the Residential program, local School Districts, County Offices of Education or Mental Health that desire a specialized setting for students with unique educational needs.
- The NPS school program is staffed with highly trained Master's Degree and/or Special Education Credentialed teachers, and college students are employed as program assistants through a special arrangement with local Institutions of Higher Education.
- NPS staff work as a team to provide students with a positive school experience in a comprehensive educational environment.
- Individualized Education Plans are utilized to assess, monitor and enhance students academic skills and levels of socio-emotional function, with the goal of their successful return to a public school setting.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stockton Grades: 9-12 | 885 students
5648 N. El Dorado St.
Stockton, CA 95207
(209)957-3340 0.8 9-12
- Stockton Grades: 4-12 | 16 students
7525 Oakmont Dr
Stockton, CA 95213
(209)464-1927 0.8 4-12
- Stockton Grades: K-8 | 277 students
1110 N Lincoln St
Stockton, CA 95203
(209)444-4005 1.3 K-8
- Stockton Grades: NS-12 | 40 students
1950 Cherokee Road
Stockton, CA 95205
(209)467-0283 1.5 NS-12
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
If you have a child who sings, you might want to consider a choir school. In the United States, most of these schools are day schools.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.