Childrens Home Of Stockton
- The Children's Home of Stockton's Non-Public School is a private non-profit, non-sectarian special education school certified by the California State Department of Education.
- The school operates on a 230 day extended year, including 180 days of full-time (6 hour) sessions during the regular school year and two 25 partial day summer sessions.
- Qualification for admission to the NPS program is contingent upon the student's established need for Special Education services, as determined through local School Districts or the County Office of Education.
- The school program provides an alternative educational environment for students requiring intensive specialized educational and/or socio-emotional programming in a highly structured educational environment.
- Students may be referred to the NPS program for educational services from the Residential program, local School Districts, County Offices of Education or Mental Health that desire a specialized setting for students with unique educational needs.
- The NPS school program is staffed with highly trained Master's Degree and/or Special Education Credentialed teachers, and college students are employed as program assistants through a special arrangement with local Institutions of Higher Education.
- NPS staff work as a team to provide students with a positive school experience in a comprehensive educational environment.
- Individualized Education Plans are utilized to assess, monitor and enhance students academic skills and levels of socio-emotional function, with the goal of their successful return to a public school setting.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stockton Grades: K-12 | 48 students
1610 E Main Street
Stockton, CA 95205
(209)943-0353 0.5 K-12
- Stockton Grades: 9-12 | 885 students
5648 N. El Dorado St.
Stockton, CA 95207
(209)957-3340 0.8 9-12
- Stockton Grades: 4-12 | 16 students
7525 Oakmont Dr
Stockton, CA 95213
(209)464-1927 0.8 4-12
- Stockton Grades: K-8 | 277 students
1110 N Lincoln St
Stockton, CA 95203
(209)444-4005 1.3 K-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.