Childrens Home Of Stockton
- The Children's Home of Stockton's Non-Public School is a private non-profit, non-sectarian special education school certified by the California State Department of Education.
- The school operates on a 230 day extended year, including 180 days of full-time (6 hour) sessions during the regular school year and two 25 partial day summer sessions.
- Qualification for admission to the NPS program is contingent upon the student's established need for Special Education services, as determined through local School Districts or the County Office of Education.
- The school program provides an alternative educational environment for students requiring intensive specialized educational and/or socio-emotional programming in a highly structured educational environment.
- Students may be referred to the NPS program for educational services from the Residential program, local School Districts, County Offices of Education or Mental Health that desire a specialized setting for students with unique educational needs.
- The NPS school program is staffed with highly trained Master's Degree and/or Special Education Credentialed teachers, and college students are employed as program assistants through a special arrangement with local Institutions of Higher Education.
- NPS staff work as a team to provide students with a positive school experience in a comprehensive educational environment.
- Individualized Education Plans are utilized to assess, monitor and enhance students academic skills and levels of socio-emotional function, with the goal of their successful return to a public school setting.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||50 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Stockton Grades: 9-12 | 885 students
5648 N. El Dorado St.
Stockton, CA 95207
(209)957-3340 0.8 9-12
- Stockton Grades: 4-12 | 16 students
7525 Oakmont Dr
Stockton, CA 95213
(209)464-1927 0.8 4-12
- Stockton Grades: K-8 | 277 students
1110 N Lincoln St
Stockton, CA 95203
(209)444-4005 1.3 K-8
- Stockton Grades: NS-12 | 40 students
1950 Cherokee Road
Stockton, CA 95205
(209)467-0283 1.5 NS-12
Contract cheating is more common than most of us realize. Finding somebody online to write essays or term papers is fairly easy to do. The way we parents counter immoral behavior like this is to discuss it frequently with our children.
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.