Childrens Home Of Stockton
- The Children's Home of Stockton's Non-Public School is a private non-profit, non-sectarian special education school certified by the California State Department of Education.
- The school operates on a 230 day extended year, including 180 days of full-time (6 hour) sessions during the regular school year and two 25 partial day summer sessions.
- Qualification for admission to the NPS program is contingent upon the student's established need for Special Education services, as determined through local School Districts or the County Office of Education.
- The school program provides an alternative educational environment for students requiring intensive specialized educational and/or socio-emotional programming in a highly structured educational environment.
- Students may be referred to the NPS program for educational services from the Residential program, local School Districts, County Offices of Education or Mental Health that desire a specialized setting for students with unique educational needs.
- The NPS school program is staffed with highly trained Master's Degree and/or Special Education Credentialed teachers, and college students are employed as program assistants through a special arrangement with local Institutions of Higher Education.
- NPS staff work as a team to provide students with a positive school experience in a comprehensive educational environment.
- Individualized Education Plans are utilized to assess, monitor and enhance students academic skills and levels of socio-emotional function, with the goal of their successful return to a public school setting.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
|Grades Offered||Grades 1-12|
|Total Students||62 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||7 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- People that viewed Childrens Home Of Stockton also viewed these schools: Merryhill Elementary & Middle School.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.