Christ The King School
- The philosophy and values of CKS call us to provide an outstanding education that integrates the teachings of Jesus and the Gospel values into every aspect of the intellectual, spiritual, physical, emotional, and social growth of each child.
- We encourage our students to discover and to develop their God-given gifts and to become people of character who possess a love for learning and a zest for life.
- We foster leadership, community, and service, while providing a challenging academic program in a nurturing environment.
- As we journey forward in the twenty-first century, we adapt to new challenges and reassess our curriculum in light of solid educational research while retaining our commitment to excellence in Catholic education.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Education Association|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Summer Program information can be found here: https://sites.google.com/cksvt.org/ch2/summer-saplings-program/price|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||263 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition information can be found here: http://cksvt.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Tuition-2018-2019-2.pdf|
|Endowment Size||$0.75 million|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Soccer, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Soccer, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Baking Club, Drama/Theater, Geography Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run
- Our comprehensive curriculum focuses on the development of the whole child; body, mind and spirit. Christ the King School has a faculty and staff of 38 dedicated professionals. Our average class size is 22 with classroom teaching assistants in all grades. Our middle school, grades 6-8, is departmentalized. Our faculty includes specialist teachers for art, French, music, PE, and technology. Math and reading specialists are available to support student learning at all levels. We are committed to providing our students with a safe, caring, 21stcentury learning environment.
- Parent involvement is a defining component of our school environment. We truly value this partnership and encourage families to work, to pray, and to celebrate with us. There are many ways to be involved, and parents share their time and talent through a variety of activities: fund raising activities, PTO events, assisting in classroom special events, and taking part in the many activities of parish and school life.
- We invite you join us in this joyous journey.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Winooski Grades: NS-8 | 190 students
5 Saint Peter Street
Winooski, VT 05404
(802)655-2600 2.5 NS-8
- Shelburne Grades: PK-12 | 263 students
359 Turtle Lane
Shelburne, VT 05482
(802)985-2827 5.4 PK-12
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.