Mater Christi School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- Mater Christi School is a private Catholic school that is discovering personal greatness in pre-school (age 3) through grade 8 students of all faiths.
- Located in Burlington, Vermont's hill section, the school's beautiful campus is adjacent to Fletcher Allen Health Care and the University of Vermont.
- Mater Christi's new Afterschool Enrichment Program accommodates working parents' schedules by providing variety of classes, including martial arts, yoga, beginning Mandarin, and more.
- The school offers a cutting-edge technology program, a state-of-the-art science laboratory, and integrated arts throughout the curriculum.
- Visit Mater Christi School and discover the possibilities for your family.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
Academics and Faculty
|Average Class Size||16 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Afterschool Enrichment Program, Band, Cub Scouts, Drama Club, Drumline, Mathcounts, Memory Book, Odyssey of the Mind, Student Council|
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burlington Grades: NS-8 | 263 students
136 Locust St
Burlington, VT 05401
(802)862-6696 1.4 NS-8
- Williston Grades: PK-6 | 41 students
1186 Brownell Rd
Williston, VT 05495
(802)863-4839 4.2 PK-6
- Winooski Grades: NS-8 | 190 students
5 Saint Peter Street
Winooski, VT 05404
(802)655-2600 1.1 NS-8
- Burlington Grades: NS-9 | 87 students
20 Allen St
Burlington, VT 05401
(802)864-5623 0.8 NS-9
- Shelburne Grades: PK-12 | 263 students
359 Turtle Lane
Shelburne, VT 05482
(802)985-2827 6.8 PK-12
We are so impressed by and pleased with the education that our child is receiving in the middle school, and feel that this was an excellent move for him in sixth grade. The academic expectations are high, but the faculty are so dedicated, supportive and engaging, that our son feels able to rise well to the challenges that they set. We look forward to our second son starting sixth grade in the fall. I would strongly recommend this school to any parent whose child is looking for an academically rigorous yet extremely nurturing school.
- Posted by Parent - Happy parent
I simply cannot say how lucky we are to have found this school, not only for our son, but for our family. It is so much more than just a school but a holistic community network of amazing parents, children and staff. This is our second year at MCS and absolutely cannot be more happy with the quality of the academics and the amazing people from the PTO to the Admin. We have met the most incredible and supportive people here and they are now part of our family as we as parents go through this journey of parenting. We also love all of the Afterschool Enrichment Programs offered too like yoga, art classes, martial arts, piano and cooking classes. The school is very much involved in supporting the greater community with clothing and food drives and supporting local non-profits. For our family, this school is a perfect match as we rely and depend on each other to support and raise each others kiddos. It takes a village and this is a tremendous one!
- Posted by Parent - erind
This school is the best school I have ever been too. The academics thereare amazing the teachers make us reach our fullest potential. The extracurricular activities are amazing the musical program teaches us about the different types of notes and melodies that we would need to learn about for music. The art program is amazing it teaches the different techniques to be able to do art.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Eforg
This hub page lists over three dozen articles dealing with issues in high school such as academics and discipline.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.