Mater Christi School
5.00 (2 reviews)
- Mater Christi School is a private Catholic school that is discovering personal greatness in pre-school (age 3) through grade 8 students of all faiths.
- Located in Burlington, Vermont's hill section, the school's beautiful campus is adjacent to Fletcher Allen Health Care and the University of Vermont.
- Mater Christi's new Afterschool Enrichment Program accommodates working parents' schedules by providing variety of classes, including martial arts, yoga, beginning Mandarin, and more.
- The school offers a cutting-edge technology program, a state-of-the-art science laboratory, and integrated arts throughout the curriculum.
- Visit Mater Christi School and discover the possibilities for your family.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Soccer,
Track and Field
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Afterschool Enrichment Program, Band, Cub Scouts, Drama Club, Drumline, Mathcounts, Memory Book, Odyssey of the Mind, Student Council Band, Cub Scouts, Drama Club, Drumline, Mathcounts, Memory Book, Afterschool Enrichment Program,
Odyssey of the Mind,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
BurlingtonGrades: NS-8 | 263 students
136 Locust St
Burlington, VT 05401
WillistonGrades: PK-6 | 45 students
1186 Brownell Rd
Williston, VT 05495
WinooskiGrades: NS-8 | 168 students
5 Saint Peter Street
Winooski, VT 05404
BurlingtonGrades: K-9 | 87 students
20 Allen St
Burlington, VT 05401
ShelburneGrades: PK-12 | 263 students
359 Turtle Lane
Shelburne, VT 05482
I simply cannot say how lucky we are to have found this school, not only for our son, but for our family. It is so much more than just a school but a holistic community network of amazing parents, children and staff. This is our second year at MCS and absolutely cannot be more happy with the quality of the academics and the amazing people from the PTO to the Admin. We have met the most incredible and supportive people here and they are now part of our family as we as parents go through this journey of parenting. We also love all of the Afterschool Enrichment Programs offered too like yoga, art classes, martial arts, piano and cooking classes. The school is very much involved in supporting the greater community with clothing and food drives and supporting local non-profits. For our family, this school is a perfect match as we rely and depend on each other to support and raise each others kiddos. It takes a village and this is a tremendous one!
- Posted by Parent - erind
This school is the best school I have ever been too. The academics thereare amazing the teachers make us reach our fullest potential. The extracurricular activities are amazing the musical program teaches us about the different types of notes and melodies that we would need to learn about for music. The art program is amazing it teaches the different techniques to be able to do art.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Eforg
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?