St. Francis Xavier School
- Thank you for your interest in Saint Francis Xavier School. We serve students from pre-school (3 year olds) to grade 8.
- We are a Catholic school, but we welcome students of any religion.Our commitment to the Catholic faith enables us to provide a firm moral foundation to our students while also providing them with an excellent education.
- Our goal is to nurture the "whole" person mind, body, heart and soul. Personal tours are available throughout the year. For more information visit www.sfxvt.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||199 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(navy polo with khaki pants/skirts or jumpers)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,350|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rate for non-Catholics is $6,725. Reduced rates are given for multiple students from one family.|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Softball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy/Cub Scouts, Campus Ministry, DCF Lunch Bunch, Faith in Action Team, Girl Scouts, MathCounts, Technology Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run
- The Sr. Imelda Caissie Early Education Center at St. Francis Xavier School offers full and half day Pre-School (3 year olds) and full-day Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten programs. The Elementary and Middle School Programs allow our students to develop socially and academically in a loving and encouraging environment. Our curriculum includes: Religion Physical, Life, and Earth Sciences, Math, pre-Algebra and Algebra, Language Arts, Social Studies, French Spanish, Computer Applications, Physical Education, Art, and Music
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burlington Grades: NS-8 | 194 students
136 Locust St
Burlington, VT 05401
(802)862-6696 2.5 NS-8
- Shelburne Grades: PK-12 | 263 students
359 Turtle Lane
Shelburne, VT 05482
(802)985-2827 7.9 PK-12
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
Choosing the right private school for your child involves comparing schools as opposed to ranking them.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.