St. Francis Xavier School
- Thank you for your interest in Saint Francis Xavier School.
- We serve students from pre-school (3 year olds) to grade 8.
- We are a Catholic school, but we welcome students of any religion.Our commitment to the Catholic faith enables us to provide a firm moral foundation to our students while also providing them with an excellent education.
- Our goal is to nurture the "whole" person mind, body, heart and soul. Personal tours are available throughout the year. For more information visit www.sfxvt.org.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||190 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 8%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(navy polo with khaki pants/skirts or jumpers)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,900|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rate for non-Catholics is $6,000. Reduced rates are given for multiple students from one family.|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, SoftballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Softball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy/Cub Scouts, Campus Ministry, DCF Lunch Bunch, Faith in Action Team, Girl Scouts, MathCounts, Technology Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run
- The Sr. Imelda Caissie Early Education Center at St. Francis Xavier School offers full and half day Pre-School (3 year olds) and full-day Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten programs. The Elementary and Middle School Programs allow our students to develop socially and academically in a loving and encouraging environment. Our curriculum includes: Religion Physical, Life, and Earth Sciences, Math, pre-Algebra and Algebra, Language Arts, Social Studies, French Spanish, Computer Applications, Physical Education, Art, and Music
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burlington Grades: NS-8 | 263 students
136 Locust St
Burlington, VT 05401
(802)862-6696 2.5 NS-8
- Shelburne Grades: PK-12 | 263 students
359 Turtle Lane
Shelburne, VT 05482
(802)985-2827 7.9 PK-12
We look at ways in which your small to medium-sized private school can use social media to make families past, present, and future aware of your school.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Choosing a college is one of the rituals every family with a junior in private school needs to cope with. These five metrics will give you an overview of the process.