Community Child Dev Center
Tel: (412) 781-2204
- Community Child Development Center started as the Blawnox Child Care Center in 1974.
- In October 1978, it moved to its present home in the Community Methodist Church.
- At this time, it expanded its program to include preschool and daycare.
- In August 1982, we changed our name to reflect all of our programs and became the Community Child Development Center.
- Our Community Child Development Center is a very special place where we strive to provide a warm and responsive environment.
- A place in which children can unfold and bloom. Our teachers recognize that children have different learning styles and needs.
- We try to provide many and varied experiences in an atmosphere of acceptance and caring.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten|
|Total Students||16 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Pittsburgh Grades: K-9 | 105 students
2 Wentworth Ave
Pittsburgh, PA 15229
(412) 931-6633 0.3 K-9
- Pittsburgh Grades: K | 57 students
285 Bellevue Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15229
(412) 931-9761 1 K
- Pittsburgh Grades: PK-8 | 429 students
307 Siebert Rd
Pittsburgh, PA 15237
(412) 364-7171 1.1 PK-8
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.