Connecticut River Academy
- Connecticut River Academy (CRA) is a Vermont/New Hampshire Approved independent school serving a co-ed student population in grades 1-12.
- CRA also serves students on 504 or EST plans, as well as students who are not labeled.
- Students of varying abilities are appropriate candidates for CRA, including those who are unsuccessful in the traditional educational system, and those at risk of dropping out for social, learning, behavioral, and educational concerns.
- Connecticut River Academy is committed to providing instruction so that students become educated, thoughtful individuals who have the ability to be respectful and employable members of society.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||5 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mike Adamkowski|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Burlington Grades: K-8 | 38 students
1138 Pine St
Burlington, VT 05401
(802)488-6803 60.6 K-8
- Manchester Grades: 1-12 | 21 students
4002 Main St.
Manchester, VT 05254
(802)362-4898 75.8 1-12
- Putney Grades: 6-12
14 Greenwood Lane
Putney, VT 05346
(802)387-4545 68.9 6-12
- Saint Johnsbury Grades: 3-12 | 27 students
510 Portland St
Saint Johnsbury, VT 05819
(802)748-6282 27.9 3-12
- South Burlington Grades: 2-12 | 13 students
72 Ethan Allen Dr
South Burlington, VT 05403
(802)658-9175 59.5 2-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.