Cornelia Connelly Center
- Connelly School of the Holy Child is a Catholic, college preparatory school, committed to the intellectual, spiritual, artistic, physical and social development of young women in grades 6-12.
- The School emphasizes academic challenge, joy of learning and the education of well-rounded women of faith and action.
- The Holy Child community welcomes students and families of different faiths and diverse backgrounds.
- In keeping with the philosophy of our founder, Cornelia Connelly, Holy Child values the uniqueness of each individual and fosters a life of service to others.
- Holy Child is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools and the Maryland Department of Education.
- As a member of the National Association for College Admission Counseling, the Potomac and Chesapeake Association for College Admission Counseling, and the College Board, the School is committed to the ethical principles of good practice that the associations require of their members.
- Connelly School of the Holy Child is committed to helping each student realize her greatest academic and personal potential.
- Holy Child encourages every student to explore the curriculum and develop her interests.
- The rigorous college preparatory classes are stimulating, challenging and exciting.
- Teaching styles create a warm environment where student group work is commonplace and participation is expected.
- Technology is an integral part of the curriculum. Our students leave Holy Child prepared to tackle the social, ethical and technological challenges that await them in their professional lives.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Total Students||64 students|
|Student Body Type||All-girls|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 750 students
41 Broad St. & 1 Morris St.
New York, NY 10004
- New YorkGrades: K-12 | 1281 students
108 E 89th St
New York, NY 10128
- New YorkGrades: 4-8 | 115 students
309 E 103 3rd St
New York, NY 10029
- New YorkGrades: NS-8 | 437 students
610 W 112th Street
New York, NY 10025
- New YorkGrades: PK-12 | 45 students
2345 3rd Avenue
New York, NY 10035
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.