Tel: (440) 933-7646
- Cornerstone Preschool is a non-profit preschool owned and sponsored by the Avon Lake Presbyterian Church.
- The Preschool serves both children of the church as well as those of the community.Cornerstone has conventional classes for two and a half, three, four and five year old children.
- Cornerstone is fully licensed by the State of Ohio and abides by the rules governing child care.
- At Cornerstone, we provide hands on,developmentally appropriate learning activities to help develop and strengthen your child's social, physical, intellectual, creative and emotional development.
- We promote a child-directed learning environment whereby the child makes choices at learning centers and is intrinsically motivated to learn.
- We also promote an open-ended learning experience which helps build a child's self-esteem by not setting them up for failure.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten|
|Total Students||156 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||39:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Avon Lake Grades: NS-PK
407 Lear Rd
Avon Lake, OH 44012
(440) 933-2531 1.3 NS-PK
- Avon Lake Grades: K-8 | 289 students
32929 Lake Rd
Avon Lake, OH 44012
(440) 933-6233 1.3 K-8
- Westlake Grades: NS-PK
30850 Viking Pkwy
Westlake, OH 44145
(440) 808-9949 3.3 NS-PK
- Avon Grades: PK-K | 36 students
1504 Travelers Point
Avon, OH 44011
(440) 934-0296 3.4 PK-K
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.