5.00 (3 reviews)
Cornerstone Schools Photo #2 - Cornerstone Schools Infant/Toddlers/Two's-Where Learning Starts Early Preschool & PreKindergarten to 12 Grade
- The goal of Cornertone Schools is to encourage the highest possible level of academic achievement and personal confidence in every student through challenging, stimulating, and enriching programs. Our SMALL class size, cutting edge technology, equipment and training, and custom designed campus with a Junior Olympic size competition swimming pool, provide the structure for educational excellence.
Cornerstone Schools places among the top 20% of private schools in Georgia for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Georgia Accrediting Commission|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild Learning Differences|
|Total Students||288 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Chemisty, Human Geography|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,600|
|Tuition Notes||Several payment options discount for full payment. Sibling discount.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Angie Martin|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Indoor Soccer, Intramural Sports Only, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Indoor Soccer, Intramural Sports Only,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Stock Market Club|
Club or Organization:
Band, Daisies, Drama, Soccer, Yearbook Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- At Cornerstone Schools our mission is to provide an exceptional educational opportunity by creating an environment where students are well prepared for whatever adult pursuits they may choose. Through a combination of challenging, creative and thoughtful programs each student will become knowledgeable, independent, respectful and resourceful. Our approach stresses academics, athletics and the arts; mixed with accountability, honesty and ethics, all to provide the nurturing foundation and scholarship from which successful adults can grow.
- Our Campus: Carved out of the rolling hills of North Georgia the Cornerstone Schools campus has been planned to utilize its 18 acres to the best advantage of our students. Cornerstone Schools is close to Cumming, GA. near Lake Lanier, just minutes from GA Hwy. 400. The preschool building was opened in the spring of 2000 serving infants, toddlers and preschoolers. A 25 yard competition outdoor swimming pool and cabana was added in the spring of 2001 offering swimming lessons throughout the summer months and daily swimming to campers. The school's swim team practices and competes during the summer months.
- Our new elementary building opened in March 2003. This two story building includes school offices, classrooms, library, cafeteria/auditorium/gym, health clinic, fully appointed kitchen, teacher's lounge, elevator and entry/exits on both levels. In October 2005 the second elementary/middle school building opened. This state of the art building includes a science lab, computer lab, theater/auditorium, art room, lunch room and eight classrooms.
- Directions: Take GA Hwy 400 N. to exit 17, head east on Keith Bridge Road. Turn right at the traffic light onto Browns Bridge Road. Cornerstone Schools is three quarters of a mile on the right side.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cumming Grades: PK-12 | 255 students
1390 Weber Industrial Dr.
Cumming, GA 30041
(770)888-6705 8.5 PK-12
- Alpharetta Grades: PK-8 | 429 students
5380 Faircroft Drive
Alpharetta, GA 30005
(770)664-7764 13.7 PK-8
This school is great in terms of wonderful teachers, great curriculum, academic and sports achievements. My child loves it here, and it provides a thriving environment for the children. However, there seems to be a relatively lesser openness to other culture/ races, especially how parents are treated, regardless of their educational/ professional backgrounds. With a change of front desk staff at the after-school building and in the higher administration, this was a little better, but I guess old ways settle in fast. If they could address this, it would be the best place, hands down. Regardless of that, we are grateful for all the school has to offer our child.
- Posted by Parent - Peacelover
We love Cornerstone. We have been here for more than a decade, from 6 months to middle school. My daughter has flourished, and enjoyed ballet, flute, band, music ensemble, math team, swim team, and has really developed academically. Because no nonsense is tolerated, my daughter is more well-mannered than I could ever hope to be! It is a great school. Check out GASSO for scholarships!!!!
- Posted by Parent - MostAwesomeSuperMom
Cornerstone has provided a fantastic education for our son from his 3 yr old year to his present 6th grade. Amazing teachers and admin staff who really care and help tailor each child'' s learning program. A small school with so much to offer. Small class size, low tuition, many clubs. The best!
- Posted by Parent - skugg
Just starting your search for a private school? Not sure where to look? This hub gathers together articles that will provide some answers and guidance.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.