Creative Children's Center
5.00 (2 reviews)
- At Creative Children's Center we believe in building a child's self esteem on a foundation of acceptance, encouragement and respect.
- Each student's ideas are nurtured producing an environment conducive to developing independence, creativity, and confidence.
- Children are encouraged to solve problems while they explore and interact with ideas and the materials presented.
- Education forms a partnership with the child's own interests, creating a lifelong love to learn.
- CCC embraces constructivist education while incorporating the Reggio Approach to projects and learning.
- Constructivism is not a “method” of teaching, but rather a theory regarding how we all learn.
- Constructivist educators put the emphasis on the process, and instead of how “best to teach”, we strive for “how best to learn”.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-3|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||100 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||25:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Art Classes, Theater Classes|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Beaverton Grades: K-12 | 123 students
9100 Sw 135th Ave
Beaverton, OR 97008
(503)524-1866 4.2 K-12
- Beaverton Grades: K-5 | 386 students
4420 SW St. Mary’s Drive
Beaverton, OR 97078
(503)718-6500 2.1 K-5
We love Creative Children's Center! The teaching staff are truly amazing. They work to find the passions and interests of all their students, and then manage to incorporate them into a meaningful curriculum. They encourage even their youngest students to work together and support one another in exploration and problem solving. As a parent, I have learned so much by being a part of this community. I was a little nervous about helping in the classroom, but it is actually a lot of fun and a great way to get to know the other kids and parents. I couldn't imagine a better place for my children and my family!
- Posted by Parent - marcy
Innovative programs provide experiential learning that allow your child to blossom. Lots of hands on arts and science with a large variety of materials, since its play based it really instills a love of learning early. A great school with caring and involved community of teachers and parents!
- Posted by Parent - alykr
Every private school parent is encouraged to help the school in whatever way he can. Here are some things you can do to make a contribution to your school.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.