Crossroads Center For Children
- Crossroads Center for Children serves children with a diagnosis within the Pervasive Development Disorder and Autism spectrum, and their families.
- Our goal is to enhance all children's lives by teaching the necessary skills for them to participate in a meaningful way in their home, school, and community.
- Crossroads Center for Children utilizes Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) as the treatment philosophy and approach to autism intervention.
- Noted as the only method for which empirical research has validated success, procedures based on ABA are used to increase skills across all areas of development.
- The school provides a continuum of services across intensity and level of integration, resulting in the most effective mix of services to meet the individual needs of the child.
- Services range from group instruction to individual therapy. These services can be provided in a variety of settings, ranging from segregated to fully-integrated classrooms.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||53 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Associate||Melissa Cleinman|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Schenectady Grades: 6-12 | 154 students
1821 Hamburg St
Schenectady, NY 12304
(518)346-1273 2.5 6-12
- Schenectady Grades: PK-6 | 123 students
806 Union St
Schenectady, NY 12308
(518)393-5331 3 PK-6
- Schenectady Grades: PK-5 | 197 students
3510 Carman Road
Schenectady, NY 12303
(518)355-3080 3.7 PK-5
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.