Crossroads Center For Children
- Crossroads Center for Children serves children with a diagnosis within the Pervasive Development Disorder and Autism spectrum, and their families.
- Our goal is to enhance all children's lives by teaching the necessary skills for them to participate in a meaningful way in their home, school, and community.
- Crossroads Center for Children utilizes Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) as the treatment philosophy and approach to autism intervention.
- Noted as the only method for which empirical research has validated success, procedures based on ABA are used to increase skills across all areas of development.
- The school provides a continuum of services across intensity and level of integration, resulting in the most effective mix of services to meet the individual needs of the child.
- Services range from group instruction to individual therapy. These services can be provided in a variety of settings, ranging from segregated to fully-integrated classrooms.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||53 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||34 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||2:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||7 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Associate||Melissa Cleinman|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Schenectady Grades: 6-12 | 154 students
1821 Hamburg St
Schenectady, NY 12304
(518) 346-1273 2.5 6-12
- Schenectady Grades: PK-6 | 123 students
806 Union St
Schenectady, NY 12308
(518) 393-5331 3 PK-6
- Schenectady Grades: PK-5 | 200 students
3510 Carman Road
Schenectady, NY 12303
(518) 355-3080 3.7 PK-5