Northeast Parent & Child Society
Tel: (518) 346-1273
- At Northeast Parent & Child Society Our Vision for America is a country where every child is healthy, safe, and thriving; where all children develop to their potential, supported by family and community; where all children are nurtured, getting what they need to succeed; where all children grow into responsible adults who are able to make positive contributions to family and society.
- Almost all of the children we serve are from families that live in poverty.
- More than 80% of these children are white, and have a working parent.
- From Children's Defense Fund data, we know that poverty robs children's lives of health, education, hope, and dreams.
- Children in poverty are more than twice as likely to be abused or neglected, three times as likely to live in substandard housing, and eight times as likely to not have enough food.
- They are worn down by fighting a chronic war against sickness, family breakdown, neighborhood and family violence, drugs, fear, and shame, struggling to get attention at home and school.
- It is hard to succeed in life without hope, and it is hard to have hope when faced with hopeless conditions.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||154 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Schenectady Grades: PK-6 | 123 students
806 Union St
Schenectady, NY 12308
(518) 393-5331 1.6 PK-6
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.