St. Kateri Parish School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (518) 382-8225
St. Kateri Tekakwitha Roman Catholic School, is the major educational and faith formation extension of St. Kateri Tekakwitha Parish.
We welcome families with children of all faiths, ethnic origins and ability levels in Nursery through Grade 5.
Our highly qualified and dedicated faculty and staff are devoted to developing the whole child by instilling Christian values, promoting academic excellence and insuring a culture of family interaction in all aspects of school life.
We accomplish this in a safe, secure atmosphere, which fosters mutual respect, spiritual growth, intellectual discipline and a life-long concern for peace, justice and service to others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-5|
|Total Students||254 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- “Catholic Hearts… Global Minds,” is Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha Parish School’s philosophy. Our aim is to provide an outstanding academic education infused with the best values of the church. We recognize Catholic education as a powerful response to the difficulties in our community and so seek to open the doors wide, inviting a diverse population to share the gifts our school has to offer.Our school should live up to the highest academic standards. No student should sacrifice educational excellence to receive the other benefits of a Catholic education. We strongly believe that our added responsibilities of teaching religion and participating in prayer do not disadvantage us, but indeed strengthen us and that this environment, grounded in prayer and faith, is pivotal to our students’ success.This vision is only possible by attracting and retaining a superb team of administrators and faculty to be stewards of our school, committed to the children and to membership in the Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha Family. We believe our atmosphere of intimacy and co-responsibility for the well being of Blessed Kateri Tekakwitha Parish School is reflected in our small size. It is the result of a purposeful and determined effort to let all know they count and matter. We are proud to be a parochial school, cherishing our relationship with the parish, being cherished in return. We honor our 60 years of history and the Sisters of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary for their heritage to us.Finally, we are an evangelizing school that delights in telling our story to others, wherever they may be, so they can share in the Good News. Jesus is made known in our classrooms and hallways, so that he might be better found in the homes and the streets of our children.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Schenectady Grades: PK-5 | 200 students
3510 Carman Road
Schenectady, NY 12303
(518) 355-3080 4.8 PK-5
- Albany Grades: PK-12 | 237 students
374 Loudon Road
Albany, NY 12211
(518) 434-6051 10 PK-12
My daughter is very happy here! She loves her teachers and classmates. Here every student is important, loved and cared for.
- Posted by Parent - Happy Parent
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.