Cyprus Classical Academy
- Cyprus Classical Academy offers ability-based education for gifted students with small class sizes and a full-time enriching curriculum.
- Students are allowed to excel to their potential in each subject.
- Cyprus offers extensive extra-curricular activities and classes, many in conjunction with Cyprus School of Music and the Arts, a school serving the community with classes and talent development programs for music, art, drama, martial arts, and more.
- Since its founding, Cyprus has become well known as being the absolute best option for elementary for gifted and talented children. All Cyprus students take at least 4 hours of history and 4 hours of science each week in Super K and up. Technology is incorporated into the classrooms as needed, and each child is placed in appropriate academic classes to match their achievement and ability level. Cyprus offers a fluency/reading/writing track for Mandarin Chinese, and also offers Spanish.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Gifted Students|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$2,650|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Through CSMA|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||53 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||6 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra, Geometry, Algebra 2, PreCalculus,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$15,155|
|Tuition Notes||Cyprus offers a subsidized tuition rate of $12,185. It also offers additional financial assistance and scholarship opportunities.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$5,495|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Michelle Wallick|
|Admissions Associate||Gretchen Eischens|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
Club or Organization:
Arts and Music Programs:
Artist Development, Drama, Instrument Lessons, Music Ensembles, Musician Development
- Cyprus is a unique school which truly and fully serves the needs of gifted children. Each year, students` reading, math, writing, and spelling levels are assessed in order to place them with students of similar abilities for all subjects. Our school is not set up like a typical school, where students are in the same classroom with the same teacher all day. Cyprus students experience our team of teachers on a daily basis, and may have classes in every classroom with several teachers during the course of each school day.At Cyprus, students are not designated a grade level. Each student is treated as in individual and our goal is to have them working right at their level of challenge. We continually assess students to make sure they are placed correctly, and make adjustments if deemed appropriate for the child.Cyprus students take classes in History, Science, Math, Language, Literature/Composition, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish, Music, Phy. Ed., Art, We have full music and artist development programs for developing talent in these areas. Cyprus offers a large assortment of extra-curriculular classes and clubs.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Prior Lake Grades: PK-12 | 73 students
5690 Credit River Rd Se
Prior Lake, MN 55372
(952)447-7527 6.3 PK-12
- Saint Paul Grades: PK-K | 120 students
4194 Pilot Knob Rd
Saint Paul, MN 55122
(651)686-7984 7.4 PK-K
During my son's kindergarten year at a traditional private school, he was struggling. His teachers thought he had behavior and attention issues and sent him out of the classroom regularly because they didn't know what to do with him. We decided to have him tested and realized his IQ was very high, and that his boredom in class was causing his attention and behavior struggles. His school wasn't willing to work with us in terms of offering more challenging work, so we started to look elsewhere. Finding Cyprus Classical Academy was the answer to our prayers. Within weeks of switching him to Cyprus, our son came alive. He was happy to go to school in the mornings. He came home excited and energized. No longer was he frustrated and angry in the evenings. We truly got our family back after making this switch and we could not be happier. One year later, he is continuing to flourish. The teachers and staff at Cyprus have been so accommodating and welcoming to him and he is thriving like I never expected. The subject matter he is learning is phenomenal, the small class sizes tailored to his ability are wonderful, and the community of committed staff and parents is great to see in action. I would highly recommend this school to anyone who is looking for a new fit for their child. It may be just what you are looking for!
- Posted by Parent - MeganA
I don't know what we would have done without Cyprus. For us, it isn't so much that our child is working above grade level, it's about how the teachers at Cyprus cultivate a true love for learning and inquiry in these kids. A lot of brilliant kids have their spirits squashed in a typical school. At Cyprus, it's like the complete opposite happens. Their little sponge-brains get to soak up the most amazing stuff, and you can just see how thrilled it makes them.
- Posted by Parent - danaa
Excellent school and staff. Both of my kids were bored with the typical elementary program. After switching to this school, they are having fun learning and are challenged to their full potential. This school has talented, well educated staff teaching the kids, and they keep them interested in learning. Very strong musician and artist development programs with well known composers, music teachers, and artists who are engaged. The children are developed to their full potential. Teachers also recognize talent in other areas and work with the students to develop those talents. The school feels like a small community and most parents volunteer or even teach at the school. Like another parent commented, I have a kindergarten son who barely knew his letters and was reading beyond the third grade level by the end of kindergarten. His math is also very strong thanks to the Singapore math curriculum. Lego physics and actual science experiments start in kindergarten. This tops the cake! Your child will thrive here!
- Posted by Parent - chaul
This school is great, my daughter was way ahead of the game in public kindergarten and I FINALLY found something that will challenge her! She is at the end of her "Kindergarten" year and is reading at a 3rd grade level! Her math has also sky rocketed. They took a little girl who picks things up very quickly and allowed her to keep moving through material! I cannot say enough good things about this school.
- Posted by Parent - lilco