Darul Arqam School
- Our mission is to provide an excellent Islamic and academic education within an Islamic environment to produce well rounded Muslims and strong leaders.
- We seek to promote a safe, caring, and supportive environment where our children can attain the knowledge that would enable them to perform as effective citizens of the world, especially in today’s world of Globalization.
- Our students will be attaining such worldly knowledge in a spiritual environment rich with Islamic teachings, values and practices.
- We strive to have our parents, teachers, and community members actively involved in our students' learning.
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||292 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|Number of AP Courses||2 courses|
|Average SAT score||1290|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$415|
|Tuition Notes||Financial Aid Available|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$150|
|Admissions Director||Neelum Alman|
|Admissions Associate||Mona Memon|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Math Olympiad, Model UN, Science Olympiad, Student Council, Ummah in Focus, Writers' Cafe Math Olympiad, Model UN, Ummah in Focus, Writers' Cafe, Science Olympiad,
- Darul Arqam School is a non-public, non-profit educational organization. The School is a unique collaboration effort between the Darul Arqam founding community; the Muslim Center of Middlesex County MCMC, and the Islamic Society of Monmouth County ISMC (Alaman). It is located in South River, New Jersey in the former South River High School. The building is 56,000 sq. ft., with 22 classrooms in addition to science and computer labs. The school has a Gymnasium, Library, Boys’ Cafeteria, Girls’ Cafeteria and a Prayer Hall (Musalah). Darul Arqam is currently in its 9th year of operation. The current enrollment is 300 students in Preschool through 12th grade.
- The school is governed by a Board of Trustees consisting of a group of professionals from diverse fields. The administrative affairs of the school are managed by the Executive School Board consisting of a group of professional educators.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
East OrangeGrades: PK-12 | 178 students
215 N Oraton Pkwy
East Orange, NJ 07017
Union CityGrades: NS-12 | 250 students
501 15th St
Union City, NJ 07087
Monmouth JunctionGrades: PK-12 | 513 students
Po Box 271
Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852
NewarkGrades: 7-12 | 95 students
88-108 Shipman Street
Newark, NJ 07102
PrincetonGrades: 6-12 | 630 students
176 Edgerstoune Road
Princeton, NJ 08540
I am a mother of three children in the school and overall, I am satisfied. I can see that there is change to the better with every passing year. The school administration is working really hard to make this change clear to all. I would recommend this school to any parent that is seeking a peaceful Islamic atmosphere for their children.
- Posted by Parent - pione