Deron School Of Nj
- Established in 1967, The Deron School offers educational programs for learning-disabled students, 5-21, who cannot be served in a regular classroom setting.
- Deron's programs provide for academic, social and emotional growth at both the elementary and secondary school-age levels, with each program tailored to the students' ages and developmental needs.
- With the primary goal of preparing students for successful, productive futures, the Deron School provides the tools and learning environment to assist them in achieving their highest personal level of skill and independence.
- To this end, Deron offers a continuum of programs in academics, fine & gross motor coordination, and social & independent living skills, as well as an extensive transition program.
- Extended school year (summer school) programs are offered at both schools.
- The Deron Schools endeavor to provide a learning environment that enables each individual to achieve their maximum potential.
- Comprehensive programs promote the development of independence and social skills in preparing students for productive, successful futures.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council of Bilingual Education|
|Total Students||107 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 30%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
New ProvidenceGrades: 1 | 5 students
705 Central Ave
New Providence, NJ 07974
North PlainfieldGrades: UG | 33 students
107 Westervelt Ave
North Plainfield, NJ 07060
MountainsideGrades: K-8 | 50 students
1137 Globe Ave
Mountainside, NJ 07092
FanwoodGrades: PK | 64 students
330 South Ave
Fanwood, NJ 07023
SomervilleGrades: K-12 | 150 students
Readington Road Po Box 5026
Somerville, NJ 08876
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017