Deron School Of Nj
Tel: (908) 301-0200
- Established in 1967, The Deron School offers educational programs for learning-disabled students, 5-21, who cannot be served in a regular classroom setting.
- Deron's programs provide for academic, social and emotional growth at both the elementary and secondary school-age levels, with each program tailored to the students' ages and developmental needs.
- With the primary goal of preparing students for successful, productive futures, the Deron School provides the tools and learning environment to assist them in achieving their highest personal level of skill and independence.
- To this end, Deron offers a continuum of programs in academics, fine & gross motor coordination, and social & independent living skills, as well as an extensive transition program.
- Extended school year (summer school) programs are offered at both schools.
- The Deron Schools endeavor to provide a learning environment that enables each individual to achieve their maximum potential.
- Comprehensive programs promote the development of independence and social skills in preparing students for productive, successful futures.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Council of Bilingual Education|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool|
|Total Students||107 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cranford Grades: PK-12 | 77 students
75 Rod Smith Pl
Cranford, NJ 07016
(908) 603-1463 1.8 PK-12
- Edison Grades: Inquire with school | 141 students
10 Oak Dr
Edison, NJ 08837
(732) 549-5580 7.1 Inquire with school
- Fanwood Grades: PK-9 | 73 students
330 South Ave
Fanwood, NJ 07023
(908) 654-2470 3.1 PK-9
- Mountainside Grades: PK-10 | 36 students
1137 Globe Ave
Mountainside, NJ 07092
(908) 518-0021 1.9 PK-10
- New Providence Grades: 1 | 5 students
705 Central Ave
New Providence, NJ 07974
(908) 508-0011 5.5 1
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.