- Christopher Academy offers an exceptional learning environment, tailored to the individual child, driven by the community.
- With homelike classrooms, the Montessori Method is filled with hands-on materials, each with a lesson to learn and a problem to solve.
- Our students enjoy a prepared environment designed to recognize and propel each child to learn, to grow, to achieve at the most appropriate pace to the best of his or her own ability.
- Christopher Academy ensures the quality of its program from classroom to classroom and campus to campus by supporting professional, career teachers.
- With the average faculty tenure approaching ten years, Christopher Academy provides a tradition and continuity of exceptional care.
- Each of our Lead Teachers is university educated, with many holding advanced degrees.
- Our Lead Teachers are all fully Montessori certified. Our school's history includes professional teachers who have served children in our community for decades.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-1|
|Total Students||77 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chatham Grades: PK-K
286 Main Street
Chatham, NJ 07928
(973)665-0071 6.7 PK-K
- Kenilworth Grades: PK-K | 20 students
225 N 8th St
Kenilworth, NJ 07033
(908)276-7750 2.6 PK-K
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.