American Boys Preparatory Academy
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (908) 516-4231
- A private, secular middle school for boys ages 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 offering a flexible, family-directed learning environment where the values and educational objectives of each family are supported and embraced.
- American Boys Prep enables parents to maintain the same degree of influence and control over content that they would exert in a homeschooling environment without the need to be the instrument that delivers the education.
- American Boys Prep Goes to the Mat for Local Gymnast - 05/23/2017 - American Boys Preparatory Academy, Union County's affordable alternative to homeschooling, supports local gymnast.
|School Type||Alternative School|
|Grades Offered||Grades 5-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Mild learning differences|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||10 students|
|Student Body Type||All-boys|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$9,000|
|Tuition Notes||15% deposit required upon acceptance. Monthly payment plan.|
National avg.: 85%
|Total Sports Offered||1 sport|
|Sports||Intramural Sports OnlyIntramural Sports Only|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Boy Scouts of America, Chess club
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Flag Football, Sailing, Tennis
- American Boys Preparatory Academy is an alternative or supplement to home schooling and offers a fun and supportive learning environment where students are given a great deal of autonomy in reaching the learning goals they set with their parents and ABPA learning coaches.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Morristown Grades: 6-12
182 South Street, Suite 4
Morristown, NJ 07960
(973) 267-0474 7.8 6-12
ABPA provides not only a very comprehensive academic program, but also by its very nature, offers critical life lessons every young adult should embrace. The students learn the importance of planning, responsibility and accountability by providing daily progress reports and learning plans to both the parents and Director. The self-guided study instills confidence and reduces stress by learning at their own pace, often times reviewing lessons to perfection! Many real-world application electives, like Intro to Accounting, Business Writing and Toastmasters Public Speaking, are offered as well to further distinguish ABPA as a cut-above the competition. The extended recreation/relaxation/fun (which encompasses everything from basketball to meditation to chess!) provides a refreshing change from the ordinary school day. My son flourishes in this environment and we believe ABPA is at the forefront of this alternative educational trend.
- Posted by Parent - Cindy B
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.