St Joseph The Carpenter School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (908) 245-6560
- St Joseph The Carpenter School serves 265 students in grades Prekindergarten-8 and is a member of the National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA).
- The student:teacher of St Joseph The Carpenter School is 18:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Roman Catholic.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Specific Learning Disabilities|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,450|
|Tuition Notes||$4450 Parishioners $4800 Nonparishioners|
|Admissions Director||Patrick Mullen|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Dance, Soccer, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||9 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Book Club, Chess Club, Dance Club, Debate Club, Forensics Team, Gardening Club, Newspaper Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Club, Chorus
- The mission of St. Joseph the Carpenter School is to nurture a community of creative, compassionate, and responsible leaders who are prepared to share the intellectual and spiritual gifts they have been given by God to make the world a better place. We provide a safe and loving Christian environment where we value the rich diversity and unique learning styles of all our students.Here at St. Joseph's our students are encouraged to meet academic challenges with curiosity, enthusiasm, and critical thinking. Through the integration of technology in every classroom, our students are able to access a wealth of information that allows them to explore, analyze, and create which leads to a growing sense of intellectual independence. We strive to inspire a passion for learning that allows children to be willing to take academic risks, learn from their mistakes, and develop the perseverance they need to succeed in our competitive world. Through cooperative learning, our students strengthen their academic, social, and communication skills, while enjoying the sense of pride that comes from helping another student. Our continuously evolving curriculum provides students with the tools they need to become confident and creative builders of their future.As Christian educators, we guide our children as they develop a deeper awareness of their spiritual life and their growing relationship with God. We encourage them to explore new ideas and beliefs as we work to foster a sense of integrity and strong moral values. Together with parents, our educators strive to exemplify Christian values as we help our students to recognize themselves and others as loved and unique children of God.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Roselle Grades: K-4 | 28 students
1305 Saint George Ave
Roselle, NJ 07203
(908) 620-0404 1 K-4
- Linden Grades: PK-12 | 118 students
2301 Grier Ave
Linden, NJ 07036
(908) 286-2006 2.2 PK-12
- Roselle Grades: PK-4 | 126 students
303 Chestnut Street
Roselle, NJ 07203
(908) 241-6470 0 PK-4
I attended Saint Joseph's school, grades 1 through 8 (graduated in 1954) and remember it so fondly. The Sisters of Saint Joseph prepared us well. The parish was the center of our lives.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - scaff
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.